Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sorry to hear of serious illness in the family.

As you should have bought travel insurance as soon as flights and holiday booked, that should cover serious illness of close family members. Have a look at your policy, it might be that you get all the money back less any applicable policy excess. You would also need doctor's certificate also together with receipts for any payments.

Check wording on policy though as normally it would not cover pre-existing medical conditions.

Good luck

Cic
Hi Cic

We had annual travel insurance that covered us for the first holiday we had to cancel (we should be in Greece at the moment) but it is now due for renewal, and the insurance company are not able to pay anything towards the cancellation of our Egypt holiday as the insurance will have run out by then and that holiday will not be covered.

When we go to renew the annual insurance we won't be covered as it is now a known terminal illness.

I think in future I will just buy single trip cover for each holiday, if I had done that I would have been covered for both holidays.

I hope that makes sense :!:

Anyway, I still don't see how BA can charge me extra for cancelling by phone when it is them that has stopped me cancelling online.
Hi Kiltman-Graham

Try taking it up with your insurers again. I would have thought that as policy was in force at the time of your booking and it was not a known illness when you booked, they would have to cover both holidays and BA flight also.

Just asked hubby who is an insurance broker and he said, yes, you should be covered for both holidays and the flight providing the travel policy was valid when the illness was known and you had booked both before that time. But you may get hit with 3 x excess as it is 3 separate claims (may get away with 2 if BA flight is connected to holiday).

Let us know how you get on.

Cic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.