Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi

I am reading this probably too late now for yu to find it helpful, but we were in a similar situation but we booked through Holiday Gems for our hotel only part of the holiday. They are not ABTA covered so could not help.. was your booking made with an ABTA covered agent? If so call ABTA or fill out the online case form.

Failing that, Citizens Advice were very helpful to me & gave me a phone number if the hotel is only acting a an agent which mine were... it is 01268 886690 and the lady there gave me good advice.

I called my credit card company as I'd booked it using that. They suspended the payment months after I had actually paid for the hotel, whilst they investigated my complaint- luckily I took photos.

I also rang the Financial Ombudsman as unfortunately my credit card company never followed the correct line of complaint (just my luck) and I had success! I got a full refund from credit card company.

The owner of the hotel from hell was a nightmare & insisting I had not told her of my complaints (hotel filthy) and was telling the agent Holiday Gems that I was lying & Holiday Gems believed her!

Lesson learnt- next time only book a hotel with a company who is ABTA covered. Never book with Holiday Gems. Always use a credit card!

Hope you have some info there to help you?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.