General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
What a lovely brother :) ( now you just have to add her to your BA household account :rofl
Yep ( hands up) I'm just a typical bloke, there's always an ulterior motive :rofl

It did cross my mind though :think , the 40 tier points make no difference to me but it was around 1300 AVIOS so I said to the wife , my sisters coming to live with us , I got a " look "like a bulldog chewing a wasp , no not really here just the household account ;) I found that my brother has the old air miles and quite a few , so after I pop round and fix his light in the lounge he will be joining the executive club and doing some transferring !!! If your family can't help you , then who will ? :D
What a lovely thing to do Andy and welcome back to england Andys' sister . :D
What a nice thing to do Andy. She must be well chuffed with you. Why is she coming back after all this time, you should get her to join HT she can answer all the Spain questions.

Doe :sun2
She's coming back because work out there is difficult , she has managed to scrape by the last couple of years but its a struggle , some of her friends have moved on and I think she feels lonely and has nothing to look forward to , she feels her future is very insecure . I also think she is missing having a family around her , my dad died 2 years ago and that obviously makes you feel differently about things , my brother and S in law have just had a baby and she wants to see him grow up , all these things add up I suppose .

What does she know about Spain ? Well I don't go on holiday there and I probably know more :D
I'd be surprised if she actually knows anyone Spanish ! She lived in Torrevieja. And it's full of ex pats , I did go over to see her a few years ago and we went in her local shop , to get some food and wine , I said a few words in Spanish at the checkout and she asked me why I was speaking Spanish ( it was a poor attempt admittedly ) , " well we're in Spain ! " I said , oh no one here speaks Spanish she replied !!!!!
My mum was moaning to me yesterday that my sister had gone to Spain all those years ago and what had she achieved , she was coming back with nothing , until I reminded her that she went with nothing , and that many people go there with money and bright ideas and dreams and come back having lost even more .

It will be nice to have her back , we can go out for a meal and she's very good at recommending an excellent Rioja , pretty useful at drinking it all too !!! :D it's always a lively and fun time when she's around .
Mmm torrevieja sort of part of england really. Thank goodness she didn't cut her links with the UK and has the option to come back as a lot of folk seem to have got stuck over there. I think sometimes folk under estimate how important family can be. I hope you enjoy having her back and I hope she enjoys her 'posh flight'. :rofl
We used to have an expat on here called Jacky who used to post a lot on the costa del sol forum but she seems to have disappeared the last couple of years. I like the south east corner of Spain round Murcia, Cartegena etc been the last couple of years and might go next year as well.

Doe :sun2
:rofl I thought this was going to be a list of good deeds people have done, mine today is I didn't clean my bedroom because I didn't want to disturb the cats who were asleep in there :rofl
Strangely enough I have the opposite problem , whatever I go round and tidy up the cats then go and disturb it !!
We now have a 6 month old and just got 2 more kittens that are 3 months old , to keep her company :rofl !!!
In reality what we have now is , to quote a new phrase " pussy riot " ;). P u s s y !!!! Is that really an offensive word ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.