Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
HI Wizard, I'm sure you've made a great choice. Helen T stayed just across the road from that hotel last August. Aquaintances of ours were actually staying at the Mediteranee at the same time and met up with them. I'm sure Helen will be on with some info for you as soon as she sees this.
Hi Wizzard - yes we spent 2 weeks in apartments 50 yards up the road from the Mediteranee, in fact we were in the nearest accomodation to it. The location is brilliant, just down a little side road off the main Lassi - Argostoli road. A couple from the village stayed at the hotel when we were there, and are very tempted to re book for this year. They loved everything about it, from it's location to the grounds, the food and the staff. Everywhere we went, we were made to feel welcome, but no one was intrusive. There was no one outside on the pavements, trying to get your custom, and if someone happened to see you judging the menu, they wished you a pleasant evening, and that was it.
The resort is approximately a mile long, with a very laid back atmosphere. Plenty of cosy restauarants a few supermarkets and a few pubs. None of your lager louts here. There is a bus stop for Argostoli at the top of the side road, with buses dirt cheap, and running every hour. It was approximately a 10 mins bus journey into Argostoli from where you could get a ferry every 20 mins over to Lixouri - a trip of around 15 mins, to a very different resort from Lassi. We also took an organised tour to Sami - home of the filming of Captain Corelli's mandolin. The beaches are not huge swathes of sand, but little coves, and at times we were the only ones in the sea at that particular part. I would have no hesitation in returning to Lassi - we thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
My report is the first one here
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/resort_review_details.php?resort=Lassi

and if you have time, it might interest you to skim through my travelblog here

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/profile_blogs/Helen%20T/&action=view&id=57

Anything you'd specifically like to know - I'll do my best to help
Hi Wizard

We have taken the plunge as well and visiting Lassi for the first time in September, staying at the San Lorenzo Villiage, have only heard good reviews so far, so fingers crossed for a lovely time

Sue
Hi Susan - we stayed at the Lorenzo Hotel. If I remember correctly your hotel is on a side street as well around 750 yards from where Wizzard is thinking of staying.
from where Wizzard is thinking of staying

No thinking to be done all booked and paid for :sun2 :cheers
Great stuff - I don't think you'll be disappointed :tup
Hi Helen

I think ours are apartments up a steep hill I believe!! should keep me fit.

Sue
Hi
Susansh, we stayed at San Lorenzo Village a couple of years ago and are returning this year in August for a week. It is up a steep hill,but the apartments are worth the effort, We loved Lassi, hope you and wizard enjoy your holidays, i am sure you will
M
Thanks Margaret and Iallen, as I say we have never been to a Greek island before so really looking forward to it, not going til September 20th though so a way to go yet.

Sue
Have also booked in May, Wizard.................off to Kos, I can already hear the sea rolling in, smell the bouganvillia, taste the Calamare with Greek salad, feel the sun beating down on me as I lazily turn another page on my book............bring it on!!!!
ah but we are going to Kos at the end of september [Agean village Kahdamena] for the Pendal witche's birthday :tup :cheers

yasus
wizard
"Way to go Wizard and Pendle witch" sad to say I shall be in Portugal in September.......husbands choice NOT MINE!! my heart will be with you guys in Kos, my feeble body lying on a Portuguese beach!!
just love Greece been to Kafelonia, Zante, Rhodes, Santorini, Parga, skiathos, of to majorca in July and my favourite place CYprus in september for the 11th time yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.