Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Sanji

Have you thought about going DIY? You could call the hotels for a price and I believe http://www.thomsonfly.co.uk go from Doncaster, but I can't get onto the website.

luci :wave
Sorry Sanji, after all the help and assistance you have posted on these Forums, I'd really like to be able to offer you some assistance myself, but I don't believe I can. Have you looked on Teletext? Maybe it would be best to try an book your Accomodation direct with the Hotel and then make you own flight and transfer arrangments...ie DIY? Sorry, if you have already tried that, its just I cannot think of what else to suggest.

I feel confident someone on these boards will be able to assist. Actually I'd be interested myself as I was thinking of booking a Christmas/New year break to Benidorm this year, but I am not willing to pay the earth for it.
Hi Sanji, I don't think that that price is too bad. The Regente (I know that you enjoyed having a drink there but I got the impression that you most definitely wouldn't stay there) is working out at £1490.00 with Portland and they are usually quite reasonable. If you go D.I.Y. I can't see it been much cheaper. Wintersunshine holidays are only showing Dynastic at the moment and that is £1051,00 plus flights and I think that was Half Board which is still £259.00 less than with Alphabeds by the way.
I think we should make it a challenge for all HT fanatics to find Sanji a really good deal, come on everyone she does plenty for us. :) :)
Sue
Flights only with Thomson Fly are £649.96!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue
Hi Luci

I have been on Thomsons website and the flights are £640 odd pounds

£143 pounds each, each way :shock: plus taxes.

You`ve gotta be joking !!!!!
I bet I end up paying Mytravel :cry: I was talking briefly to someone who had gone to beni with benidorm direct or something like that, but I have forgotten the actual name and can`t find the website...or I`m just fed up of looking :roll: while my hubby sits in front of the telly watching afternoon black & white movies...arrrgh :evil:
thanks anyway.
besos xxx
sanji
hi sanji , have a look at http://www.firstchoice.co.uk. they are usually very reasonable . we have had some good holidays with them . i had a quick look at prices to go at end of december and they are starting at around £350 per person , self catering for 2 weeks .
Hi Sanji, just got this back in an email from Benidorm Direct. I suppose if you chanced waiting for the Jet 2 flights to come out it might be worth the gamble, they were quite reasonable last year over xmas and New Year but you had to be early.

Sue

HOTEL LOS DALMATAS 4*

2 ADULTS 23/12/06 14 NIGHTS

includes gala dinners £559.00 per person
Hi Sanji

Have found the Rosamar (full board) for 2 weeks for 2 people from Manchester for £1448... a little bit cheaper :?

This is with http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk , travelling on 23rd Dec.

Hope you find what you are looking for....... I'm struggling with a June break, as flights are scarce on the day I wish to go...... a clash with the start of the World Cup doesn't seem to be helping!!!!
Hi Sanji, have you tried looking at travel republic, they have some cheap flights 23rd dec from manchester £588 for two persons, one hotel came up the Dynastic the price for 2weeks £1656, have a look, you might find something cheaper, we always book with them and have not been let down yet.
Hope this helps
Margaret(madmum) :lol:
I have had a look around for you too Sanji and I have also found Eclipse Direct the cheapest so far.
Good luck, hope you get sorted.
Gailxxx
Thanks everyone for your time and effort. :kiss

I lost my internet connection last night AGAIN with BT :evil: :evil: :evil: and have only just got back on line :roll:
I have to catch up with mine and your searches....including the feed-back on the hotel Rosamar, cos, it is a few years since we stayed there, but I enjoyed the hotel at the time.
Will keep you posted :wink:
besos xxx
Sanji
Hi Sanji. what are the dates you can travel on? and how long could you go for?

Lizzie
Hi Lizzie.
I can go anytime and stay as long as I like. :D :D :D

Besos xxx
Sanji
Hi Sanji,

:wow You lucky so and so!!
The reason i ask, is that if you can travel before C/mas, the flights are cheaper, and you can book as many nights accomodation as you want with Benidorm Direct, or direct with hotel i presume, the only problem i can see with this idea is that some of the airlines dont have any prices yet for Dec, Oh and dont forget to put the cost of transfers on when comparing DIY with Tour Operators. Its a lot simpler for us as we go in apartments, and just book a month and play around with the dates to find the cheapest flights within that month that enables us to be there till at least the 6th Jan.

Lizzie
Thanks Lizzie
I`ve got a headache :bhead
:rofl :rofl :rofl

The best deal I can get is from Manchester, but going over the Penninnes in the depths of winter, early hours in a taxi is not something that I really want...but may have to :cry:
Staying in a hotel the night before just bumps the price up....or DIY with the transfers.

Anyone got any "anadins" :cry:
I`ll get there...or throw my hubby through the window, cos he`s more interested in the football at the mo....MEN!!!! aargh :evil:

besos xxx
Sanji,when I went to the Dalmatus we went with medhotels.com and Easyjet.The price was half what Thomson were charging for the same holiday.If you can risk waiting until later in the year you may be surprised by the deals that suddenly become available.Last November I was offered the Ambassador for a week over Xmas FB for £369,Selomar£389 and Pelecanos for £399.These were prices from Newcastle which normally has high airport supplements.I only wanted a week so didnt get a quote for 2 weeks.We ended up going to Portugal for Christmas for £329 as it is somewhere we havent been so if you can go from a choice of airports you will get something at a much reasonable price especially if Easy Jet go from a nearby airport(Best flight I have had for years)
:D Hi sanji, just popped on here before bedtime, and read your post.I was really surprised how quickly the x-mas hols have been booked up (Was looking for some idea of prices, as we are wanting to go x-mas 2007). I'm off all day tommorow, so will get looking for you tommorow, and post what I find. BBB
:D Hi sanji, have you had any luck? Spend ages looking, and unfortunately cannot come up with anything better, (then other members have suggested). I'm afraid the cheapest I can do is Los Dalmatos,(22 Dec), Doncaster 14 nights £975 per person full board. (Sol pelocanos/oscars, was about 100 Cheaper), but I just concentrated on the 2 hotels, you wanted.(This is about £400 over your budget :cry: ) The cheapest flights only I could find were £338 per person, departing on the 24th dec. Really struggled with this one (Don't think it helped that most xmas flights/hotels were fully booked.) Will keep on looking, and let us know how your getting on. BBB.
I'm afraid I'm not coming up with much at moment either Sanji. I'm just wondering though if the online accomodation agencies are for some reason holdind back Christmas bookings for a while. Alpharooms are not advertising any December 2006 prices yet, and neither are wintersunshine, although with the latter, if you type in for a month period covering Christmas it just comes up with Dynastic as Sue mentioned. Its about £1,700 for 4 weeks, but flights and transfers of course extra. But with the drop down dates not specifically covering December yet, I have a feeling these will be released later. Its Impossible that only 4 rooms are available in Benidorm over Christmas at this early stage. But I cant think of any reason why they would hold bookings back, unless they are trying to get people to concentrate on Summer bookings, knowing that they will be guaranteed Christmas bookings later. I'm forever confused by the travel market i'm afraid. Just when you think you have things sussed, they through you back on your heels again. The cheapest hotel in Benidorm that I consistantly come up with is The Camposol in the Old Town. I'm going to give it a try next time, because you can just book B&B there if you want, which would suit me fine. The price throughout the year for one week B&B varies between £106-£180 per room!!. Although it would probably be more during the festive period, I cant imagine that it would be vastly over that price, but i suppose nothing should surprise us anymore. Sorry not to have been of any help, but I do think it would be worth keeping an eye on these sites, because i'm sure there is more availability to come. Finders crossed! :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.