Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
MYTHOS!!!!
11 Posts
the Holy mythos is available in the uk

yasus
wizard
Beers of Europe were out of stock last time I felt thirsty and deprived so I obtained a case from
Adnams HERE
3 months today and I shall be sampling it in a certain bar in Symi if Greece is still open.
But it's doesn't taste the same here in Blighty.....honestly.....it's official that the sun shining improves the flavour!!!!!
One of the best drinks in the world! Been holidaying in Turkey over the last couple of years and although the Efes there does a good job its not as good as an ice cold Mythos in the sun.
I love Mythos/Ouzo/Retsina - rpbristol will confirm this, but it just doesn't taste the same back in dear old Blighty. I have a drinks cabinet full of Retsina and Ouzo brought back from Symi with great expectations but it's just not the same. You need the Greek atmosphere, preferably a comfy seat on the Symi waterfront where you can watch the world go by and keep your liquid intake up!
I am sorry that you have your cupboards full of unwanted stuff. Send them down the M5 and save some space. Oh, and you forgot the raki.
"Oh and you forgot the raki" - some people are never satisfied! I'll keep it here, only because I'm concerned for your liver! :D
I went to a restaurant called yammas for lunch yesterday and they do Mythos yum! but you're right doesn't quite taste the same lol
There's nothing better than sipping an ice cold drink at an harbourside in Greece. My favourite tipples are-

Metaxa, Ouzo and mythos, in no particular order. OK then if I must, I'll start off with a few mythos' follow it up with a few Metaxas and finish off with an ouzo or two. I'm not greedy am I?
Perfectly normal behaviour, Shirley! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.