Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi Madgex

We stayed in the Mythos in September this year - and liked them so much we are going back next summer.

We had (and have booked again) a split level apartment, sofa bed, kitchen and TV downstairs, twin beds great wardrobe units and a very modern bathrom upstairs.

The old Greek owner is very friendly but his English is worse than my Greek, he has two phrases 'wait 5 minutes' and 'you like, you like' and thats it!

A great place, you will love it!

Andy & Gill
Andy & Gill

Thanks very much for your reply. The apartments look so nice, and we are very much looking forward to next June. We have been looking at San Stephanos for a couple of years, and tried to book the Mythos for this year but they went off sale for some reason. We wanted somewhere that was quietish but enough restaurants and bars to have a good choice of where to eat and think this might be just what the doctor ordered!! Looking forward to going back to Corfu after many many years of holidaying in Cyprus. Did an AI in Majorca this year because of the way the euro rate is, and although it was OK, it only confirmed that this type of holiday is not for us, we like to choose where we want to eat, and we love Greek food and the Greek people's hospitality and way of life.

We were pleasantly surprised to find we have also booked the split level apartments because the booking just stated studio for 2-4 people, it was only on looking on the Corfu Escape web site that we realised that the larger studios are split level. On checking with Thomas Cook that is definitely what we have booked, so that made the good deal even better, much cheaper than Thomsons for San Stephanos. Maybe you could tell me if these studios have a patio area on the ground floor? We had requested a ground floor because we thought we could pull the sun beds up to the patio doors, but from what I can see that may not be possible because the balcony for the split levels appear to be on the top floor.

Anyway once again thanks for the information, roll on June 2010.

Madgex X
Hi Madgex,

I have good news for you.

The split level apartments are both ground and first floor (connected by stairs) so you get a balcony and a patio both with furniture!!

If you are looking at the Mythos from the front the split level apartments are at either end of the two blocks with the large studios in the middle, it took us ages to work it out as well!

We like a Balcony so this was a real bonus but if you like a patio you have one too.

The balcony leads from the main upstairs bedroom and the patio from the downstairs kitchen/lounge.

We have stayed at many places in San Steph and these are the best.

Enjoy!

Andy
I'm interested to read about the studios as we have booked one for July for 11 nights. From what I believe they are on the ground floor, is this right? Could not find much info on Thos Cook about them but they looked really nice on the corfuescape website. Do the studios have the modern bathrooms as well as the apartments and do they provide hairdryers (saves me packing one if tey do)?

Thanks
Sue :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.