Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Re your second question, it's a couple of km, maybe about a 45 minute walk.

San Stefanos NW is also known as Agios (meaning "holy" or Saint) Stefanos. The NE one is, I believe, spelt San Stephanos or Agios Stephanos (hmm, having checked, I can also see that can be spelt with a "f" too).

As for which resort is best, I haven't stayed in San Stefanos - just visited for the day. We went to Arillas in May, and found enough places to eat to last us a week, and a couple of bars. Liked it, and had a lovely relaxing holiday. San Stefanos looked quieter to me, had a nicer beach probably. I'd stay in either from what I've seen. The coastal scenery is lovely.
Paul

As Phoebe says both Agios (San) Stefanos NW and NE can be spelt several ways in the 'English' version and mean St. Stephen. They are always being confused therefore it is best to always add NW or NE to distinguish them.

The walk from San Stefanos NW to Arillas takes 30 -45 minutes depending whether you choose the shorter unmade route or the longer road route but both are over quite a hill. The 2 resorts lie in different bays.

Both have their regular supporters and I am sure you will enjoy whichever you choose. I think that San Stef is slightly bigger with more restaurants etc and a bigger centre.
If you want more help you can contact me by email from http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/email.htm

Dennis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.