Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Is it San Stefanos NW or the one on the east coast? If it is NW then the taxi transfer would be 30 to 40 minutes and be about €45.00. Which accomodation are you thinking of staying in?

Jules
Sorry I should have clarified.
Yes It is San Stephanos in the North West.
Is it really only 40 minutes by taxi from the airport? Its just that I was told that a package holiday transfer would be around one and a half hours so I thought the taxi would take at least an hour. If it is only 40 mins then that is a real plus. Have not decided on accomodation as yet as still considreing different destinations
We usually go to Akyaka in Turkey but the flight to Corfu is considerably cheaper so may think about San Stephanos as we like small resorts. No discos etc safe beach a must
We like accomodation close to the beach and peaceful at night. Any recommendations?. We like to book independantly so intersested to hear of any thing suitable. I know that BILLIZ promote a property close to the beach so mayy look into that.

Fi
Hi,
We are also going to San Stefanos again this year if you like you could have a look at Nondas villas. http://www.nondas.co.uk

Cathy
Thanks Cathy I will have a look Can you confirm the transfer time from the airport is around 30 to 40 minutes or is it longer. (Jules its not that I don't beleive you I just want to be sure as if it is only 30 to 40 mins I am def interested in going If it is more than an hour then perhaps not so keen)

Fi
Hi,
Yes approx 40 mins by taxi.
It takes about 90mins by coach as they stop at different resorts.
Taxi fare is 45 euros to San Stefanos.

Cathy
It takes about 90mins by bus. Unless you are really unlucky as we were one year and it took 2.5hrs.
As this was the third time we had visited we knew it was too long and boy did we complain to the reps as did other travellers.
Thank goodness the trip back was only 90mins.-Phew
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.