Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I suspect that your questions are harder than you think! :D

A bit more information might help you get a response. For example, are you talking about a taxi transfer? Or the usual time for a TO coach transfer?

Assuming that you visited Yasmine on your last trip 5 years ago the only people who can really answer your question re the current state of the resort are those who were also there 5 years ago (so they'll know what it was like then) and who have also visited very recently (so they can compare what it's like now with how it was in the past). PEK and the Sousse area appear to more popular with regular visitors to Tunisia on HT (such as Aslemma) and so it's probably only a small pool of HT members who could comment. Given that a lot of people only visit HT when they have a question you might need to give it a bit more time to get an answer, especially given that visitor numbers to Tunisia still haven't recovered to previous levels either.

SM

PS I can't help noticing that previous to you asking about Yasmine, it's been nearly 18 months since your next most recent post. Those with the sort of up to date information you asking for might also be only occasional visitors here too. ;)
Hi SMa.
Thanks for your reply. I was looking for the transfer time with regards to coach transfers. I can only apologise for not making myself clear on this.
With regards to my not being on here for quite some time, I have been unable to afford the luxury of having a foreign holiday in this time but I always come here when I'm looking for information as the members are the best people to get any (honest) pointers from.

Davie
I have been unable to afford the luxury of having a foreign holiday in this time but I always come here when I'm looking for information as the members are the best people to get any (honest) pointers from.

I wasn't getting at you and hope that you didn't think that I was, but HT works at its best when members come on not just to ask for information but to regularly check whether they might be able to help when with answering the questions of others too. Otherwise what happens is what you've experienced - people looking for information but nobody being around to provide it. So I was just pointing out a possible reason for why you hadn't had a reply and also hoping that I could encourage you to join us more frequently. :tup

SM
I've only transferred to Sousse from Enfidha and been through Yasmine Hammamet when transfering from Tunis to Sousse so I'm one who can't help you. You don't say how you are transferring but I usually use A2B transfers.

As you say SMa, visitor numbers to Tunisia still haven't recovered and many that do still go are regulars, though my daughter and her family went for the first time last year. They enjoyed their holiday and will probably return to Tunisia, though not to Skanes. (They didn't ask for my advice before booking :D )

You can be assured of a warm welcome Dave, wherever you arte in Tunisia as tourists are desperately needed.
Hi Aslemma.
This will be my fourth time in Tunisia and the 3rd time in the same hotel. I too went to Skanes once. Let's just say that although I might go back to the resort, I doubt very much if I'll use the hotel again! I love Tunisia and I've been trying to encourage my workmates to give it a go.
Many thanks for your reply & best wishes.

David

PS: To Sma.
I'd love to come on here and give some advice to people but as I said previously, I haven't been in the position to go on holiday as much as I used to (unless Sun holidays in the UK count! lol) and therefore my information would probably be outdated.
All the best & keep up the good work.

David
Hi Dave

We stayed at the Averroes last summer (August 2011).

The transfer time from Enfidha was about 45 minutes, the hotel is a Thomas Cook Select property so we were first drop off.

It was my first time in Yasmine so not sure what it was like 5 years ago but there were alot of bars/restaurants closed last year but it was only 6 months after all the trouble and not alot of people were travelling to Tunisia so it might have improved now.
Hi fossman.
Many thanks for the reply.This will be my 5th time to Tunisa and the 3rd at the Averroes. Did you enjoy it?
I won't forget the first time we went to Tunisia.My wife and I done the Sahara trip. We were the last pick up and there were only two seats left on the coach.One near the front and one at the back! Ah, peace and quiet! lol. And to make matters worse the air con on the bus wasn't working :( .
Thanks again & all the best.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.