Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
first thing to do is put your complaint in writing -the "old fashiioned" way and send it signed for or recorded.keep it short and factual. try to only use 1 side of 1 sheet of paper

almost any firm dealing with a complaint will take 28 days to reply to you, so you just have to be patient.

there is a clause in their T&Cs about you getting a brochure before your booking is confirmed. did you get this as they may use this to get out of any compensation?

you need to be clear as to what compensation you are looking for.
cost of phone calls, loss on currency conversion, pre paid transfers etc would be reasonable things to look for as they are quantifiable losses and easy to prove.trying to get compensation for a lack of a holiday would, i think, be extremeley difficult, especially as it was a very late booking.

if, after working out how much you are out of pocket over this, you think it is worth pursuing you must realise that it is normally a long drawn out process. be prepared for them to take the 28 days to respond to every letter and to try and fudge the issues. if you keep all your responses focussed so they cannot pick on something to negate your claim you have a better chance of succeeding.

if you think that you are entiled to any more than provable out of pocket expenses then it may be worth contacting Simpson Millar solicitors, for advice -see their details on this part of the forum.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.