Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
We spent a very pleasant few days in Dubrovnik a few years ago. I would caution you that there are NO sandy beaches as far as I know in Croatia, and most sea swimming is done from rocks and down ladders.

If you have young children, you might want to look for a hotel that has particularly good children's pools and activities. You could look at the following resorts for starters, Dubrovnik, Hvar, Split, Zadar, and Cavtat. I don't think there are very many Croatian hotels that do all inclusive in the same style as you might expect in Greece or Spain. B&B or HB seems to be the norm. We didn't eat out as we were only there for a few days and it got dark before dinner time in May - and it rained heavily, so sitting out wasn't an option .... think soup and hot chocolate!!!

Nice places to visit if you like history - Mostar, Cetinje and Kotor come to mind and there are plenty of islands to visit on boat trips.

Balkan Holidays and FTI have many hotels to choose from. Hope you find what you want and have a great time.
hi caza
we went to croatia last year, to the resort of rovinj,it was one of the most beautifull resorts i`ve seen,the hotel and food were so good we didn`t really eat out which we have never done before,there are some great trips to do e.g venice,slovenia to the caves(amazing)and the dancing horses,boat trips,i could go on and on,however it was a different type of holiday to what we are used to,we were bored in the evenings as it really is low key,and we also didn`t find it very friendly in comparisson with turkey or goa glad we went though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.