Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
No,paddy, Albufeira never actually closes and you'll never be stuck for somewhere to eat and drink.Lots of holidaymakers go there for New Year and lots of northern Portuguese nationals also flock to the Algarve at this time of year.
There's a massive fireworks display at Fisherman's beach in the Old Town at midnight and a free concert with at least one major international act ( last year it was Mel C , but you can't win 'em all !! :lol: ) together with local Portuguese acts.
Have fun !!
It has been confirmed that David Fonseca will be playing before the fireworks then Bob Sinclar will be on after midnight.
A young Portuguese band Mundo Secreto plays at the beach on the 28th, Pedro Abrunhosa, a famous musician from Porto at the Marina on the 30th

And a hip-hop band Da Weasel at the beach on the 29th so it's hip-hop and house making the headlines this year.

I seriously might think of going somewhere else, boring old fuddy duddy what I am!
I hope they are more organised than the last Bob Sinclair concert, the whole town was gridlocked- must admit it was a good concert for those that like that sort of music and it is free, which is more than you get in the UK.
It's not free mandii, us ratepayers weigh out the dosh...

The Grinch

Bah-Humbug

:wink:
Didn't realise you were such a scrooge Perry :lol:........ http://www.angelfire.com/funky/dazmac/avatar/1195395459RkXBLi.jpg
104 indeed!

The crowd at the last Bob Sinclar do was estimated at 80,000, but that was in mid-August, the height of the holiday season. The town wasn't so much grid-locked as people locked; it was physically impossible to walk anywhere. in the old town area.

There is no stewarding at these things and the police keep their distance. Everything relies on the good nature and behaviour of the masses. From the last few New Year's I have been at, this has not been a problem but sheer numbers may be the issue.

Maybe it will rain!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.