Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Blimey, I only live up the road and you know more than me...

:rofl
I just promised i would ask Steve whilst we were over there, and lucky enough he got the information before we came home.
That's good, the last few new years eve's have been excellent - so my wife tells me, I always seem to have one too many super bocks. Have promised her I'll take it easy this NYE, I don't mind as me and super bock will have another 8 days together.
Steve and Ann-Marie are slumming it in Goa while we swim around Albufeira! Yes the major works at that end of town will start immediately after the New Year and are alleged to be scheduled for 150 days - ie the end of May. I'll believe that when I see it!

There is some activity near the new multistorey car park but that is mainly to replace the temporary road surface.

The new drains and sewers cannot come quickly enough; the heavy rains of the past few weeks have caused some problems to the low-lying parts of town.

On the beach NYE there's a hip hop funky soiund at 2200 then after the fireworks a female singer of whom I sadly have never heard.
Going by the pictures on the above link its Mel C, ex spice girl. Oh well, the fireworks may be good :D

Lummie
They are all well-known artistes in Portugal I learn. Still, the atmosphere will be great as usual as a big difference to the UK as there are no health and safety police to find fault with anything and everything.

From last year, I vaguely remember a conversation with assorted art students at 5am in a bar. Wouldn't get that in Uk I bet.
Hi Lummie

Yes it is Mel C, 3 nights of entertainment(if you call Mel C entertainment :lol: )

a bit more information HERE
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.