Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Try out the Bonanza Bar in Benalmadena when Tommy Scott is on. The guy's sensational!
There really is only 24 hour Square if you want a 'young' scene. There are a few cabaret/Karaoke bars, but they are really family entertainment a la Butlins. Other than that, there are hundreds of bars offering a quiet drink or football on the TV. For bars with a more Spanish feel then head up the hill to Arroyo.

Cliff
Your in a perfect spot for 24hrsq, Its just a walk straight along the front towards the harbour!!! Im sure you will love it, if you like the young clubbin scene?! Plenty of english people there and its always buzzin till early hours of the mornin!! Also drinks are cheap =) Im sure you wont be dissappointed if you go there!
Good morning all, There's a group of 6 of us off to Spain next week for 3 days in Puerto Banus & 4 days in Benalmedena... Can anyone recommend on where to go for the night life? Any bars/clubs to go to or avoid.

I hear Puerto can be a bit pricy for eating & drinking, I've heard rumours of 10Euro's a pint ???

Also, what should we expect to pay for a taxi transfer from Malaga airport to Puerto Banus?

Cheers
Pobby
Depends on your age group. If your under 25, then in Benalmadena head for 24-hour square. Most places there do 2 for 1 drinks. Typically a fixed price of 5 or 6 Euros for 2 drinks. Okay if your on short+mixer but a bit steep if your on bottles of beer. For 25 to 40 somethings there is Buzbys fun pub or Capones Karaoke bar, plus a few other after midnight bars. Other than that most places cater for families and the over 50s.

Beer prices (San Miguel etc.) typically range from 2 Euros to 3 Euros a pint depending on location and entertainment. You can get a pint for 1.50 in some places especially the upstairs bars in the british cluster on the promenade.
24 hour square in Benal was a bit dissapointing for me, I went there one night, and didn't really rate it. The prices as mentioned above are 5 euros for 2 drinks.
Went to Puerto Banus on the bus for a few hours and most places (The pubs in the main street) were advertising 6Euros a pint !!, although, I couldn't say if they were offering 241 ! Puero also has plenty of bars so I would suggest this will be better than Benalmadena

Average price for a pint in Fuengirola was almost 2 euro's but cheapest I saw was 1.40euro
Just back fom La Cala,12 lads from 28 to 52yrs.We had nights out in Puerto Banus,Fuengarola and Puerto Marina Benalmadena.We all preferred Benalmadena to the other two.Puerto Banus was alright,some places were pricey but the more Spanish orientated bars were reasonable,although to be honest we could have been in any town in England ,same people same behaviour.Fuengarola was queiter but the constant pestering of African prostitutes outside the bars on the front got annoying,I think it was Bogartes bar to the London Pub where it got ridiculous.Naturally they target groups of men out but at one point we were outnumbered!!.Puerto Marina Benalmadena on the otherhand was relaxed a more Spanish feel to the place with some great bars/clubs and quite lively.We also went into Marbella to eat before going to Puerto Banus,the Orange Square is very pleasant with plenty of good restaurants.Have a good time
Hi, im off to benalmadena on friday for three nights, are all the pubs/clubs open now? Is it busy?

Lorraine xx

*Edit. I've edited out your weather question as I see you've posted in the weather topic HERE :wink: . Pippy*
got back from benelmadena sat 22nd april and the resort was really quiet,the 24 hour square people mention is full of spanish teens and can get very busy.we stayed in a villa behind it and got bothered by the touts trying to get us in the bars even though we had a 5 month old baby with us.a few nice bars further down towards hotel triton,one what was great is busbys,fantastic entertainment and made you feel very welcome.go to see terri scott (wicked).mention us to owner the mansfield nutters
we were in benalmadena for easter weekend. the square is a just half a dozen bars and 3 or 4 discos. i wouldnt call this resort a good resort for ngihtlife if thats what your after. also it was very quiet when we were there.

watch out for the very annoying cockney touts on motorbikes and by the marina.
I know there have probably been topics on this before but where are the best bars..I have been to 24hr sq a few times but wanting places that have kareoke and quiz's etc or somewhere that has entertainment on!! 4Weeks to go!! :)
Try Busby's at the bottom of Avenida de la Telefonica - locally known as Cardiac Hill (turn right at the bottom and it is the first bar round the corner past the fountain). They have karaoke every night and live acts as well - opens @ 8 p.m. It is opposite Hotels Riviera and Villa Sol on the main road through Benalmadena - if that is better directions.
The Bali Hotel is on Telefonica and just below it is Pickwicks which has quizzes and games on all night, every night.
The Elephanti (also called Yesterday Once More) and the Bonanza Bar have "acts" on every night - they are quite close together near Bonanza Square which is near the big church in Benalmadena. Just ask and most people will tell you where they are.
There are loads and loads of places that do karaoke and quizzes - they advertise them outside the venues.
If you are staying in a hotel you should be able to get hold of the local English Papers - Monday's Town Crier is the best for entertainment in Benalmadena - lists everything.
If you like Soul Music don't miss the Costa Soul Band at the Bonanza bar - usually every other Saturday night.
Thanks for all you info it will defo come in handy..we will probably try all of them out!!

Anyone know what Wyns Bar up in Torrmar is like at the moment?? Our apartments are near there so we will spend a few nights up there too!! Last few times we have been it has changed hands?????
hello
we are staying in a villa in torremar, apparently near to wynns bar can you tell me what it was like when you were there before, we also would like a bit of entertainment, was it ok
thanks for any help
This will be our 3rd visit to the same apartments in Torrmar near Wyns Bar (Were at the bottom of the hill tho..it's a killer of a walk up so at least there is at pub at the end!!) Wyns bar was very good when we were last there in May 05. The meals were spot on and cheap and so was the beer, they people that were running it (Cockney Family) were also spot on and they had loads of stuff on from Kareoke to quizes and also always had the footy on. I have heard that they are not doing much now (Don't know if someone else has got it now) I will try and find out before i go in 2 weeks.
well 6 days to go!!! is there anymore recomendations for bars etc?? I will be sampling a few over there during the world cup and will make a bit of a report when I get back... can't wait!!! I hear its hitting the 30's over there at the mo!!
Can anyone let me know where they are and the names of any Irish Bar in Belamedena???
Theres Kitty OSheas located just as you enter Benalmadena from Torremolinos.
And there are some up in Bonanza Sq area
Possibly the largest Irish bar is the Ha'penny Bridge, on the road out of town towards Fuengirola. It's on the right hand side of the road about half a mile before you come to Sunset Beach Club, which is also popular with Irish people.

It has several tv screens and shows most major sporting events, so it should suit anyone going while the World Cup is on. It also serves pretty good food.

They have a happy hour, which runs from 6:00pm - 8:00pm (well, they are Irish). However, you can hang on to your till receipts, (which are used to get exactly the same round again for free), until 9:00pm, so it's worth paying for a round or two just before eight o'clock. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.