Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hello Leyali and welcome to Holiday Truths :wave:

I will refer you to a previous answer to a similar question
I am sorry but to be honest I think you will struggle to find any Nile Cruise that is suitable for a wheelchair, in fact I would go as far as saying there are none.
The boats are accessed via gangways that are sometimes a bit precarious even for ambulant persons, they are also located down many steps to the banks of the Nile with no ramp access.
The boats are also often moored up to six deep and you have to pass through them to get to your boat and that is not possible for a wheelchair user.

This would also apply to people with walking disabilities, even a slight disability would be a major problem on this type of cruise and the underfoot conditions are not suitable for a scooter when visiting any of the sites.

I wish I could be more positive for you but I think you would have major problems on a Nile cruise unless you wished just to go and stay on the boat for the duration of the cruise.

Please feel free to ask anything you wish and we will give you as much info as we can :tup
Graham
Thankyou so much. I would not want to stay on the boat, I might have to re think my hol destination, soooo sad!
hi book for 4* nile explorer in march never been before all tips and info would be great
:que
Just booked late deal on The Nile Romance 5*leaving monday 25th jan,any tips :)
thanks
annx
Hi
we are seriously considering a Nile cruise on the The Jaz Regency this christmas
now i do not travel that well on coaches and i read somewhere (cant remember where) that the excursions to the valley of the kings, Edfu Temple etc leave at "silly oclock " (around 4 am) and involve long hours on a coach is this correct? any info would be welcome
thanks
Edd
Hi Edd :wave:

i do not travel that well on coaches and i read somewhere (cant remember where) that the excursions to the valley of the kings, Edfu Temple etc leave at "silly oclock " (around 4 am) and involve long hours on a coach is this correct?

No this is not correct, the only excursion that leaves early (4am) is the trip to Abu Simbel which takes several hours to get there and back, all the other excursions leave after your breakfast on board the boat and are around 30-45 minutes travel time at the most and you are back on board your boat in time for lunch and out of the high afternoon temperatures.

Several of the excursion have even shorter on coach times than I mentioned above and when visiting Kom Ombo you walk it is that close to the boat.

The Valley of the Kings excursion for example usually combines the West Bank ie, the Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens and Hatshepsut temple so you are on and off the coach a few times but again it is only short distances on the coach.

I don't think you would have any problem doing the excursions as the time on board a coach is minimal.

Graham
Has anyone been on The Nile Romance?,leaving tonight :wave:
annx
Thanks Graham :tup

almost 90 percent sure we will go on the Nile cruise i gather the daytime temp is around 24c is the weather setteled in dec? ...... "red sea magic" is also an option just going to ask the same excursion question over there.

Edd
Hi Edd

December is a good time to go, not too hot when going on excursions but still nice enough to sunbathe, it is a bit cooler at night so a cardigan / jumper is required.
You might experiance a bit of a wind when cruising but it shouldn't be very much.
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:

You might experiance a bit of a wind when cruising but it shouldn't be very much.

Best pack the Wind-eze tablets then! :rofl

luci :wave
You might experiance a bit of a wind

this could be a problem for me if Brussel sprouts are on the menu :D

thanks again Graham

Edd
Hi, I am booked on th Grand Rose at the end of March and would appreciate any feedback on this boat. We haven't been to Egypt before although it has always been a great interest of ours. Any tips and advice would really be welcomed,
thanks
Hi
Does anyone know how much trips cost on nile cruises if they are not included in the price. Any info greatly appreciated.
Hi Folks,
I have just joined this site and was wondering if anyone has travelled on the MS Stephanie on the Nile Cruise, we are doing 7 nights Nile Cruise from Luxor and finishing up 3 Nights at the Le Meridian in Cairo.
Would appreciate any reviews that anyone has.
Many Thanks
Ron :wave:
Anyone travelled with Cox & Kings the cruise boat is the Mirage.? Someone said there are so many boats parked that you may not have a view when docked and sometimes have to go through other boats to get off, is that correct?
Yes that is correct we were on The Nile Romance last week and while in Aswan & Luxor there were always
4 boats docked together,you just walk through them all to get to your boat,its nice seeing what the other
boats are like,you are either up on top deck relaxing or out on tours so its no problem,a fabulous way to see
Nile so relaxing :)
Ann
Due to travel on 24 march to Nile Cruise (1wk) + Luxor Hotel (1wk). Does anybody know Nile Explorer or Nile Ritz. Can you fill me in if you do.
Do we have to take our own towels for loungers while on board cruise? Tipping? - Who? for What? When? How much in Egyptian Pounds please. I have been given confusing messages from others. One says Tour Company (Thomson) have it covered. Others say brown paper bag which you leave all tips in on final day as you leave.

Packing Cases on Monday next week so would love any responses by first thing monday morn I know its tight but help me if you will.
Hello jondad,

Towels for loungers are provided on the Ritz, they are kept in a wooden box on sundeck.

Tipping:- last year the "suggested" (I say suggested as you are free to tip as little or as much as you want) amounts were 70LE per person for the guide (if you have taken the excursion package) and 100LE per person for the crew. (Tipping is definitely not covered by Thomson or included in the cost of your holiday)

At the end of the week you collect envelopes from reception, put the tip for the crew into one envelope and hand this back into reception, the other put the money for the guide into (if you have been on the optional tours) and hand this to your guide personally.

If you are out on the organised excursions the guide will also ask that you leave a small tip from the coach driver, normally around 2 - 5LE

If you are struggling to get small denomination notes for tipping ask at reception and they will change a larger note into smaller notes and coins for you. They will exchange Sterling to Egyptian on the boat but you will get a far better rate if you change money at the airport when purchasing your visa.

Hope this helps, have a wonderful holiday :D

Suzie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.