General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I am sure I bought my anti malarial over the counter at Boots without a prescription ! I may be wrong :que I got advice from phamasist as to what and how to take.

Diane :wave:
  • Edited by dimrie 2009-04-12 05:44:06
If you go onto the website of the School of Tropical Medicine in Liverpool you may find some info. Anti malarial meds can change according to the area you're visiting and the type of parasites around at the present time.I think you have to take them for a time before you go and then when you come back. You need professional advice methinks.
Thanks all, got a script from my Doc in the end at bought the Malarone from Boots yesterday. Malarone only needs to be started 1-2 days prior to travel.

Did call the Nomad clinic but their travel health person wasn't there over the Easter weekend.

Lisa x
sometimes doctors say to take a week beforehand but I think that is purely because its good to know before you go if they agree with you or not. I think 2 days before is fine :)
I know Chlorquine is to be started a week before....everything I've seen about Malarone says the 1-2 days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.