Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I am on 3 different tablets for blood pressure,and i also take asprin,i also take 2 kinds of inhalers plus paracetamol and ive also taken pennycillin with me(just in case!)and i have never had aproblem at all.I carry these medications in my hand luggage,so you wont have a problem. :tup
The only problem would be if she has to take liquid medicine which is normally in a bottle over 100mls, then she would need a letter from doctor (and would be probably asked to taste it at the security) but with pills as blc says you won't have a problem.
For more detailed info regarding the permitted contents of hand luggage please see THIS topic.

Pippy :)
thanks for the replies :)

all mums medication is in tablet form, so shouldnt be any problems then.
hi
make sure everything has the original pharmacy label or if you have put them into different containers take her medication repeat list.
I always put medication in my luggage and if I need anything while I'm travelling I have it in my hand luggage.
We've just come back from Lanzarote.
Hi,

We travelled to Lanzarote in July. I took my thyroxine tablets in my hand luggage, no questions asked, no problems. My husband carried his insulin in his hand luggage (liquid form) and also no questions asked. If the medication is in liquid form I would recommend getting a letter from the doc before you go just in case, we have one which we use each year but no one has actually asked for it yet.

Hope this is of some help. Enjoy your holiday.

Regards,
Angie x
Thanks everyone for your advice. Sadly it no longer matters as my mum died very suddenly on 13 August. :(

We considered cancelling the holiday, but have now decided to go, as the break will probably do both me and my hubby some good, as the last 3 weeks have been rotten.
oh wendy, im sorry about your mum... the break will probably do you good, i dont think she would of wanted you to cancel it anyway..

please accept my condolences for you and your family xx
Very sorry to hear that wendy - hope the holiday gives you time to rest and recuperate a little :ghug xx
So sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum. It must have been a terrible shock with you having plans to go on holiday with her. I'm sure she would like you to still go and I think it is the right decision.

It seems inappropriate to say enjoy yourself, but I hope that the break does you some good.

luci :wave
:ghug Hugs from me Wendy, so sorry to hear your sad news.
You do right to go, the break will do you good. Take care, Linda x
thanks for the lovely and very kind replies.

I have to admit I am now looking forwards to going a bit more. A proper rest away from everyday stuff will most likely do me good.. and I can try and clear my head a bit.
Please accept my condolences Wendy... :(

I think you were right not to cancel ...Go away and enjoy yourselves...It's what your mum would want

Danny
Wendy, Im sure it's what your Mum would have wanted.

The rest will do you good and as you say chance to clear your head. Coping with bereavement is hard in itself, so a nice break with your hubby will help you along the way.

Thinking of you. xx

kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.