Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Just got back on the 15th May
We were in the Summer Palace but we could use the Norida Beach also,
The Norida Beach Food is rated in the top 3 in Kos, The Hotel itself is clean and people there are freindly you also have a chinese resteraunt but you have to book a day in advance but its well worth it. The main pool is large and 11 feet in the deep end with loads of sunbeds around it, never had a prob getting one even as late as 11 am.
The evening entertainment is not to good but saying that if you make your own you wont have a complaint, The lager is Tuborg and most spirits are name brands, The beach bar is excellent again all named brands and if you like HotDogs try them at the Beach Bar they are Superb
heres a link to the oficial Norida Beach Website

http://www.mitsis-noridabeach.com/

Mick
I was at the Nordia Beach Hotel, the 14th to the 21st of May 2005, and have to say that the Hotel is lovely, and endless amounts of well prepared and presented food.
Although this is rated a 5star hotel, I have to disagree, having stayed in 5stars before. There are certain things missing to make it as comfortable as possible. I was there on my own with three small children, and found the animation team to be the poorest I have found, the children's club, my children attended for one very brief 20minutes, and decieded that they were bored of it.
The main pool is very deep, and the shallowest point is still 1.1metres which made it difficult with children of different ages, although there are plenty of sun loungers around the pool, I believe it would benifit from having outside toliet facilities instead of having to go back threw the main building to use the toliets, also all drinks are only availble from inside the hotel, which are served in glasses, when there should be a bar around the pool that provides beverages in plastic cups for saftey reasons.
The accommodation that I recieved was spacious and clean, I was in a bungalow, which is away from the main body of the hotel, and it was a very steep hill to keep going up several times a day, people actually call it cardiac hill...... the accomodation could have done with a coffee/tea service as it is a fair trek to go back down to get a drink, although there is room service at £euros a time...
The water slides are great there are 3of them, one in a shallow pool, and two in deeper water, and this was great...but the draw back was there were no sunloungers, only chairs to sit on, which in the hot sun did become alittle unbearable...
Although the same the hotel is good value for money, and we had an enjoyable week, you can collect free bus tickets from the receptions to take you into the town of Kardamena, which I did, this is a lovely town, and I found a much nice beach than the one at the hotel ( which by the way is the biggest shingles or rocks ive seen) the beach here was lovely, and was recommended to try a resturant called Finding Nemos, wonderful!!!!!
Whilst there I was able to book a trip on the ferry to Turkey, well worth it, it was 23euros for an adult and 14 euros for each child, much cheaper than doing it threw the hotel..
All in all we enjoyed our week that flew by so quickly... hope that you have a great time....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.