Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
not fit
17 Posts
You will be fine it is a 20-30minute walk. It is not flat so take a decent pair of shoes, its more like the seaside stepping from rock to rock.
The hardest thing is the jeep ride to get to the car park.
The bridges are about two scaffold boards wide and have a hand rail (of sorts) to cross them, the paths in general are safe underfoot, you can get a good view and photo opportunity with out getting right next to the pool at the foot of the falls. the monkeys that love to be fed are everywhere.

yes there are some boulders that can make it difficult but it depends where you want to be

I would reccomend good flat shoes with a grip (trainers)

I will look through my photos and upload them for you to make a decision

It would be a shame to travel form england to Goa and miss out on a trip to the falls.

Will post again when uploaded

GM06
Ian
We have seen Indian ladies wearing saris and high heels and carrying food tins walking up to the waterfall so you will be fine. it would be a pity to miss it. We always go early and take our own nuts and bananas for the monkeys to eat from your hand....it is quieter then and we think much more enjoyable.
The keep trip is half the fun :D

You should be fine its not hard going.
angieh
I have now posted some photographs of the waterfalls in the upload section, if they have disapeared by the time you come to look for them they may have been moved to a dedicated folder in the Goa photograph section.

I have tried to pick photographs iof the terrain to give you an idea of what to expect, they are not normally of the quality that i would post.

Hope they help you make the decision that is right for you

GM06
Ian
Well I think they are very nice photos Ian.
Fizz
Thank you for your comments fizz :cheers

GM06
Ian
You're more than welcome........I admire anyone who can take a decent photo, mine are always rubbish (as my husband will testify). :tup Fizz
hi all

thanks for all your replies.......i am going to go to the waterfalls and will definitely enjoy them....you never know if im brave enough i'll upload some pics myself ......lol

thanks again

angie xxx :tup
OH and I fancy the waterfalls this year. Not been able to do it before because of my back problem.

I've had an operation and by reading some of these posts have now decided that I would cope witht the walk without any problems. I am a bit concerned abut the jeep ride though. Someone says that's the worst bit,if it's very bumpy to the point you get thrown about in the vehicle that would not be so good for me. Can anyone advise please???

Also as we only like to carry enough money for the day - If we do go when we get there how much does the jeep ride cost and what other expenses might there be - just to give us an idea of how much to take with us.

Thanks for any help everyone
Hi it,s not that bad a walk just take your time and stop rest and take photo,s,colleen wont walk anywhere if she can take the car :que and she coped ok dont miss this trip it,s worthwhile the falls are fantastic.slan(cheers)
The jeeps will seat 6 people and the cost is shared equally amongst you, i think it works out about £18 which is £3 pound each for a full jeep.

Then again it could be 1800 roops or 300 each, either i think its a way its a reasonable price.

Permits for cameras are about 100 roops and 200 for camcorders, tip for the driver, food for monkeys

In the past we have hired a maruti for the day, done three trips in the day

The water falls, spice plantation with dinner, elephant ride, hindu temple, hire of a guide and donation to the holy man.

Fed and watered ourselves including the taxi driver and his tip plus souveniers and had a lot of change out of £60 pound

GM06
Ian
Thanks Irishman and GM06 ian for your help and advice.

It sounds like I should be fne - gonna gve it a go.
Dave's Wife I dont want to put you off but the jeep ride is very rocky. My (hungover) friend banged his head on the way there due to the crashing around... although he was able to sleep through it on the way back down (although was woken when he once again banged his head).
I am also unfit and overweight and managed to keep up with the rest of the bunch on the waterfalls trip.
Wear good shoes and that will give you confidence in walking. Also a good tip is to wear a decent bra, as there is a lot of bouncing around in the jeeps

Lisa
hi all

thanks lisa
im just picturing coming home with 2 black eyes....i think i better take some bandages and strap em up....lol

angie xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.