Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
There is not a bus to Es Trenc, it is a 65 km drive with a car. Taxi is expensive, better hire a car. I you have been once in Es Trenc, you like to go all days! In august we have been there for 14 days, most beautiful beach of Mallorca. Parking your car will cost €6 per day.

Peter
As Peter says, you are a long way away. A taxi would cost around 70 Euros one-way for up to 4 people (if you could even find one that would take you there from Cala Millor, then find one to take you back). Your only hope of a bus is if you could find a route that will take you to the town of Colonia de Sant Jordi, which is on the extreme south-east edge of the beach, but then you might have to walk a few miles to the dunes (the beach is around 7 Km long). That end of the island is not well frequented by tourists so if there is a bus route it will be very infrequent.
I would guess your only viable solution is a hire car.
many thanks to those of you who have replied, sorry but it seems i do not know where i am going to
Cala Dor is the resort not Cala Millor
Im a bit confused, unless Es Trenc is on another part of the island, but to my calculations Colonia Sant Jordi is about 27klms,17 miles from Cala Dor not 65 klm 40 miles. Quiet easy by biking if no car
Ok, Cala Dor is closer to Es Trenc, but from there is also no public transfer. The only public transfer to Es Trenc is from Palma twice a day. Taxi will cost about € 30 and it is in time about 40 minutes. Best thing is to hire a car!

Regards, Peter
Im a bit confused, unless Es Trenc is on another part of the island, but to my calculations Colonia Sant Jordi is about 27klms,17 miles from Cala Dor not 65 klm 40 miles. Quiet easy by biking if no car

That's because he/she initially said they were going to Cala Millor, much further north. In any event, you aint going to get there easily from either resort.
thanks again to you who have replied, sorry to those of you who have been confused by my mistake in resort name,
i dont see 17 miles as a problem , so car hire it is
could the moderator now lock this post so as not to drag it on.as some posts do get very boring if left to run for too long
ta very much :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.