America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
NYC Show Tickets
10 Posts
There is a booth at broadway which sells tickets late on the day of sale but you cant always get the tickets for the show you want or waste your time waiting for tickets. the price you say was what we paided to see grease in broadway in september and if i was you i would give it a miss it was very poor....
Hi Gaz,

Yes, those ticket prices sound about right.

Try http://www.broadwaybox.com for discounted tickets We got 2 tickets for Curtains for only £78 from there. It's too early for June now as they usually only have discounts 8 weeks in advance but you could take a look now and it'll give you an idea of how much you can save.

Wicked is incredibly popular and if she really wants to see that then I'd order your tickets before you go and you may have to pay full price for them as often the popular ones aren't discounted. It's doubtful you'd get any for Wicked from the booths yeltzman mentions; as he says it's often pot luck as to what they have, where the seats are and you'll be queuing for ages (there's far more exciting things to do in NY than queue!)

Hope that helps.
Does anybody know where we can cheap broadway tickets, wanted to see a show but when we were there in December, prices were so expensive, we're going back this year and really want to see a show this time. thanks for any replies. Alison
Thanks Puddleduck, will have a look now. Alison
Hi, just to let you know that if you want to see wicked, book here in the uk before you go, we wanted to see it and there were weeks and weeks that are booked up, and i mean booked up. We tried all the tourist information booths and couldnt get any tickets. We settled for Mamia mia which was superb from the winter gardens, if you book from the tourist info near planet hollywood, you will be able to pick your seats and get money off.
Do people recommend the Blue Man Group? I would imagine my two boys would love it but its sooo expensive!
I wanted to go see a group when I go to Ny this Friday. I looked on a few sites and tickets worked out at £55 each, but after looking at the venue prices they are playing at its a lot cheaper. :)
We saw Mary Poppins last week it was fab booked direct with theater through ticketmaster paid £90 for two tickets picked them up at the theatre no probs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.