America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I wouldn't recommend using Vegas.com as they are really expensive for tickets, but they are a good site for checking which shows are on on a specific date.

The best place to get tickets for the most popular shows such as 'O', The Jersey Boys, etc is direct with the hotel as these shows are rarely sold at a discount.

http://shows.travelzoo.com/las-vegas-shows/ sometimes has good offers on shows, but the offers change almost daily so worth monitoring for a while to see what comes up. There is usually Le Reve and Phantom on there.

You can usually get tickets for the less popular shows at the half price tickets booths Tix4Tonight or Tickets2Nite on the strip.

If you let me know which shows you are thinking of booking I can be more specific.

luci :wave
http://www.smartervegas.com/shows.aspx

I used this website to get tickets for Mystere at T.I. for 35% discount. In the end I got category 2 tickets for $53.00 (down from $82) which I thought was a pretty good deal. They also have the same offer for KA and Zumanity. ;)

The SmarterVegas website is purely just a list. You don't purchase from them, it directs you to the offical site and you book from the hotel, so there are no worries regarding any potential problems.

Offers only available on certain dates obviously.
im wanting to go see Ronn Lucas at the excalibur, and i quite fancy some other show's but can't choose which ones..
I'm pretty sure you will get Ron Lucas at the half price ticket booths.

luci :wave
thnaks for that, i will try to get tickets once in Las Vegas
We want to see a good magic show in Vegas this time. David Copperfield doesn't quite fit with our plans unfortunately so I was looking at Lance Burton but he does get a very mixed bag of reviews (some love it, some feel it is very dated).

Has anyone see Lance Burton or another Magician in Vegas and felt it was worth the money?

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread but I thought it was best to use a similar thread than start a new one.
Lance Burton - a definite no no unless you are 10 years old and like more cheese than Holland!! :D

TC
TC,

Isn't cheese an essential part of any Vegas act though? :tongue

We've got Mystere booked, seen KA already, Love and O are out of reach finance wise and Zumanity is often poorly received. I think we'll hit the Tickets4tonight booth and see what is available and go from there. I don't expect to see anything majorly great available but you never know.

It would be nice to get to see 2 shows this year. :tup
I saw Blue Man in Las Vegas last month. Thought it was terrible.

Can recommend Cirque du Soleil's The Beatles Love which is at the Mirage.
I love the Blue Man group, have seen them in Vegas, New York and London!

Also love 'O' and 'Love'

Mystere is pretty good, Ka is ok

Tom Jones was excellent

Folies Bergere was ok

Lance Burton was ok but not for adults

Zumanity was rubbish, sorry, it really was. About as erotic as athletes foot!!

TC
Is there anywhere I can look at a floorplan of the show room at the excalibur.
Not seen Lance but enjoyed Penn and teller - not your usual magic show - but still had some great tricks.
TC,

Since your trip report of 2004 when you mentioned going to see Zumanity your opinion of it seems to have dropped. Have you seen it since, or has your opinion just changed having seen other CDS shows or indeed other shows throughout the world?

It's not a dig by the way ;) . We have Mystere booked for Aug (seen KA and thought it was phonomenal) and at the $49.50+tax for Zumanity (35% discount) I am sorely tempted. It's very much hit and miss on reviews, but it would be good to tick it off the list of shows to see. If it's guff, it's guff but at £25 each it seems such a good deal for a show in Vegas.

Not overly fussed about the eroticness (or lack of it) but just wondering if you think it is worth seeing? O & Love are going to be priced out, although we did manage to get $13 Dirk Arthur tickets at the Trop for one of our afternoons. If I am having cheese, it's going to be cheap cheese!!!! : :rofl :rofl

Ju
Hi Ju,

To be honest I think I am comparing it to the other CDS shows I've seen. I've now seen Love, O, Mystere, Zumanity, Ka and Alegria. I think I've also seen Saltimbanco but I'm not 100% sure - Zumanity was easily the worst of the lot. I guess because when it's advertised as the 'erotic' side of CDS, I was expecting something a bit different, not just girls in sequinned jackets and stockings and suspenders showing you to your seat........as nice as they were :tup :rofl
Plus I've now seen other shows in Vegas, even Tom Jones, and he was superb, tho' I only went cause the missus really wanted to see him :cheers

Ultimately, if you are a CDS fan, you may enjoy it, as with all CDS shows, it's impressive in some ways but just wasn't my cup of tea overall.

TC
Thanks for that TC.

We have decided to go for it :tup . As I said it's only $49+tax per person and it breaks the evenings up nicely for us now, with Sunday & Monday being totally free for gambling, Tuesday Dirk Arthur @ 4pm and Zumanity @ 7.30pm, Wednesday Mystere @ 7pm and then our final night Thursday one final push at gambling. Obviously there will be some gambling involved on those show days as well :cheers oh and eating :rofl !!!

The shows are a relative new thing for us in LV, as it took us 4 trips to actually go to one. This seems totally bizarre as anytime we head to London we always see a show but it seems in LV you have so much choice as to where to spend your time and money. We both loved KA, so it makes sense to see the others over time. Missing out on Love and O this time will give us a great excuse to go back again soon, plus of course there will be new shows starting up all the time.

Thanks again for your honest thoughts. I'll let you know what we made of it on our return.

Ju
have you ordered the tickets from the hotels or from another website?????
http://www.smartervegas.com/shows/ka_-_cirque_du_soleil/ticketsdiscounts.aspx

http://www.smartervegas.com/shows/zumanity_-_cirque_du_soleil/ticketsdiscounts.aspx

http://www.smartervegas.com/shows/mystere-cirque_du_soleil/ticketsdiscounts.aspx

http://www.smartervegas.com/shows.aspx

Lydia,

Above are the links to the three Cirque De Soleil shows currently on offer (it does expire end of September, I can't remember if you mentioned when you are going?) and the standard link to SmarterVegas.com for other shows.

SmarterVegas is just an info site and if you want to book you will be directed to the offical website. Just last night I booked Zumanity and was directed to the New York New York site to purchase the tickets with 35% off. I did the same with Mystere with the TI site.

Take a look at the site, it is very simple to use.

Hope this helps

Ju
im going on the 24th of september,
thanks for that
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.