Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
hi
were going on the same cruise as u again been looking into the trips or diy i think most ports could be done diy , also the pricesare high for a family like myself so we,ll be just booking a few. our first time on the ov carnt wait done po cruises before but the itinary sounds exciting
OV1
Very short on reviews, everywhere.
yes its like nobodies going on it carnt wait 2days to go
Make sure you do a review upon your return, we dont go until 14th June.

Have a good cruise.
OV for 2 weeks on 16th august me excited????
Yipeeee - we have also just booked for 16th August but only for a week. Never been on OV before so not sure about buffet dining but the ports look so fabulous, we had just had to book it. Counting down ... :lol:
welcome on board thespian!

i know what you mean about the ports it ticked most of my boxes :D

spent last night checking which shore trips i wanted to do for the first week, guess tonights job is the second week!

maybe we need a roll call topic for this cruise, as soon as i worked out how to do it ill let you know!
Hi!
Hi Philnun!

Now you're just boasting 'cos you've got two weeks - lucky you! :lol: Don't know what a roll call is but I'm on holiday so I'll give it a go. :P We have booked to go to Ephesus and Scenic Santorini. We're going to try to do the others ourselves. So excited!!
been back a week excercusion expensive for families but we did our own thing didnt dock in santroni sea 2 rough all in all cruise was great
Hi Chez11

Glad you had a great time! I wonder if you would mind answering a few questions.
1. Is there a non-smoking bar?
2. Are there plenty of sun beds for the day at sea or is it a 'get up early to bag a bed' situation? :roll:
3. Did you eat in the pay extra restaurants and if so, do you think it was worth it? :thanks

Thanks a lot.
the spian its just a topic on HT so any who are going on the cruise on that date can chat swap info and get to know each other, it was great for the last cruise i did.

oh and chez11 and what are the drink (soft as well as harder stuff) prices like??? if you cant remember no worrys

phil
hi guys
yes plenty of sunbeds if your up around 9.00 they dont seem to mind if u get a sunbed then go for brekkie

we ate in the laluna twice but worked out for extras and drinks £30 so a bit steep but nice
didnt try the bistro as its next to the waterfront and every we went to book it there was something we like in the waterfront
drinks are roughly the same as the uk you can get a drinks bottle for the kids works out cheaper and the ice cream package for all the family

like i said earlier they do rip families off if going to crotia get the taxi if theres 4 of u works out roughly £14 cheaper than the shuttle bus
im in the process of complaining to ov regarding prices charging full price for chrilden over 12 even for shuttle buses and to get it the sites in athens kids go free not with over.
Hi chez

Please do not use phone style text, ie u instead of you, as per our T&C's.

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Hi Chez

Thanks. I think I can just about cope with 9 o'clock on holiday! Where is the quietest place to sunbathe? I've read a couple of reviews that said the food isn't up to much as it's cold and the public areas are scruffy - was that your impression? I've only been on Thomson ships and they have been very clean and the food was fab. Still excited but with a few reservations! :?

Cheers
Thespian
hi guys
i dont a few cruise carosel disney po oriana and oceana but to name a few
first impression where no as good as the big po but wow i was mistaken yes its ready for a lick of paint but it is still very clean always seeing cleaners about and the staff very freindly.
the food could do with being a tad warmer but it didnt put me off the food was fab and im very fussy i mean very fussy my hubby goes barmy with me when you get on the ship go to connextion and ask for marieann great waitress very friendly and they dont expect tips. will prob go on it again but love trying different ship.
took 2 girls 1 11 and 1 15/16 never saw them for a fortnight lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
After 3 trips on Thomson Destiny in 18 months, I too have taken the plunge and booked Ocean Village for 2nd August. Similar to what others have said, I'm nervous about the buffet dining etc. but was swayed by the Olives and Ouzo itinerary.

So I'm half scared and half excited but I know if I'd stayed in the comfort zone and booked Destiny again I wouldn't be excited at all so at least we're buzzing a bit with anticipation!
well same here iam told iam a culture vulture but will look forward to a review or hints and tips from someone cruising just before me!
ha ha nice hint there! No worries, I'll be on here on 9th August telling you how it went!
thanks i try :) i will aslo look forward with baited breath to your review :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.