Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi and welcome to HT!

You haven't said which airport you are flying from so it's impossible to say. You may also get a better response if you post in the relevant airport topic in our Flights forum.

luci :wave
I took this cruise in July, flying from Gatwick with Thomas cook at 7am.

The way to find out about flights is to phone ov customer service and explain that you want to book airport parking. They will give you flight numbers and times. I have done this for my last 3 cruises

HTH
Biff
Thankyou Biff most helpful it seems that most people I have spoken to now are of the same opinion, On another note is the cruise a good one ? again mixed batch of info available but if you have actually taken the cruise not so long ago you would be best placed to advise , cheers D :)
I flew to Heraklion from Gatwick last year for an Ocean Village cruise, and the flight was about 6.50am, flying with Thomas Cook, who I think all their flights are with.

I don't know if I did the same itinerary as you, it was greek islands but they do a couple of itineraries for Greece - we did Crete, Cyprus, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Santorini and Mykonos (but not in that order!).

I have mixed views on it but am happy to answer any questions!
If it is indeed Thomas Cook, be aware that their baggage allowance is normally 15kgs if booked direct with them, but may be more if booked with OV. Remember to check your tickets when they arrive.

Baggage allowance with OV/Thomas cook was 25 kilo hold plus 5kg hand luggage.

I loved this cruise. Glassbottom boat trip in cephalonia was brilliant, but normally booked up long before you get onboard. My advice is book before you go.

Biff
Hi

Came back from the OV1 Greek island cruise last week - Crete,Dubrovnik,Katakolon,Cephalonia,Athens,corfu. Had a brilliant time everything A1. Just a couple of points on excursions we done:-

Katakolon - don't do the trip Ancient Olympia .Guide got us back 1 1/2hrs too early and didn't show us around all the ruins.Have put in for a refund.

Corfu - Dont go on the trip to the beach at Dassia it's like a concrete jungle. We ended up using the hotel swimming pool which was fab.

Highly recommend the trip to the Underground Lake in Cephalonia and the Acropolis/Lunch (brilliant) and shopping trip to Athens

Any help I can give you I'd be only too pleased. Have a great trip wich I was coming again.
Am looking to book next years at the moment !
Thanks royjan.

I'd appreciate if you could post a review of your cruise if you haven't don't so already.

However be aware that it could be a good few weeks until it appears on the site as the Admin who approves cruises is on sick leave.

Thanks royjan thats a great help, thank you for info about trips was spot on we have booked a bike ride in katakolon think we will need it about then and as other info says not much else to do there apart from olympia . its getting close now just had flights confirmed nice early ones . And it appears the weather is still on our side.

Will post a review also when we are ack Luci

:D :D :D :D : :tup
We are going next week, 25th Sept. Just booked it yesterday. Our flights from Manchester are with Thomas Cook, 25kgs baggage.
delteach wrote:

Will post a review also when we are ack Luci

:tup :D

Me and mum did this cruise in May. One tip for Dubrovnik (if it's on your itinerary) is to make sure that you have their currency as, while they will accept the Euro, they will only give you your change in their own money. You can however pay to walk round the city walls in Euros if that's what you are wanting to do. We walked from the boat - took about 45 mins steady walk - but we got a taxi back to the boat and from memory it didn't cost very much. We really enjoyed the cruise and will definitely do it again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.