Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Re: Ocean Village
334 Posts
Hi Coopster,
Where did you find that offer? Does the 3rd and 4th passenger apply to children only? Can you have 4 adults in the cabin?
Thanks
Lorraine
This may help...I am pretty sure this was on teletext page 227 or 228 but not sure about all adults, as stipulation may have been one child and one additional adult in cabin i.e. 3 adults/1 child. As I say, not sure about that as all this is from memory (which is failing!!).
The offer is showing on the Ocean village website, it doesnt matter whether the 3 & 4 guests are adults or children

HTH
Biff
Paddington Bear joins Ocean Village

Paddington Bear has become the latest children's character to join a cruise line.

Paddington will join Bagpuss on board both Ocean Village ships in the Mediterranean this summer.

The bear will be a regular in the on board childrens club ‘Base Camp' from May.

Ocean Village is offering free cruises for children travelling throughout Paddington's 2008/09 debut Caribbean season.

One or two children of any age can travel free on 7 and 14 night Caribbean cruise itineraries on the original Ocean Village ship or Ocean Village Two when sharing with two people paying the adult fare; flights included.

Ocean Village head of marketing communications Gill Haynes said: "Though a renowned traveller, Paddington will join many of our first time cruisers this summer as he embarks on his debut Mediterranean season onboard Ocean Village and Ocean Village Two.

"With this exciting new addition we can offer families memorable experiences with not just one, but two of the most popular and enduring children's characters of all time.

"Mums and Dads have grown up with both Paddington and Bagpuss and children today still adore them. These cult icons will delight and entertain the young, and young at heart, and once again demonstrate our commitment to providing imaginative, high-quality and family-friendly holidays."

Paddington Bear adds to Ocean Village's already bulging portfolio of children's facilities including Base Camp and the teen Hideout zone, night nursery, dedicated youth team, SEGA Village, and of course Bagpuss' onboard show and presence.

With permission from TravelMole
Just a bit of info:

Thomsonfly will be operating the LGW-BGI and LGW-AUA routes this winter as opposed to Thomas Cook, case the airline operator had not been advised to you guys yet.
Have booked stay and cruise on the above and would like to know how close the ship docks to each of these places and how easy it is to make our own way round. We did OV last year and booked 3 trips with them but would like to be a bit more adventurous this time!!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Corfu - I think this is quite close but would like confirmation
Cephalonia
Katakolon for Olympia - will probably do trip on this one
Athens - as above

Thanks

Julie
Hi
We were on a Thomson Cruise and they provided transport to Dubrovnik. However I don't remember it taking too long.
Corfu - yes very close however we got a taxi into the centre and from memory only cost a few euro's.
Katakolon - yes I would recommend a tour. You can walk to the town only minutes away however not very much there.
Athens - Walk out of the port and bear left. Keep walking and pass the side of the docks where the ferries all come in. Cross over the road and you will see the train station which will take you to the Acropolis. Once off the train it is a walk uphill but lots of shops and tavernas on the way. Well worth visting.

We very rarely do trips, tend to do a bit of research like you and do our own thing.

Good luck
anyone done the 2 week carribean cruise with ocean village.
we are thinking of going with 12 year old son and was wondering if there is much for him to do?
comments welcome ;-)
We are going on the 7th August for a 2 week cruise going to crete dubrovnik corfu kefalonia katakolon athens limassol rhodes kusadasi mykonos santorini on ocean village
Any tips do's and dont's would be appreciated
Merged with existing OV topic which should give you information on the ship.

I see you have already posted in the other topic regarding the ports.

luci :wave
going on an ocean village cruise in june 09,i know that all your meals are included does that mean you can eat as often as you like or does it just mean that you can have your 3 main meals(breakfast,lunch and dinner)any time you like and once you have eaten 3 meals in the day thats your lot>

ps

have never been on a cruise before so looking foward to it
You can eat 24 hours a day. Self-service buffet, or you can pay to use la luna and the bistro in the evening.

I am sure you will have a great time

Biff
you can have 24 meals a day if you so wish. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.