Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Vicky - Is there anything in the way of entertainment on the 12 island cruise for the kids ?

My two boys will be 5 & 3 and they get bored quite easily, I took them on a 40 minute cruise around Cardiff Bay last week and they'd had a gutz full after 10 minutes :roll:
I also worry if the boat is safe enough so that they can't jump overboard too easily because they run around like nutters :lol:

We had originaly planned to do the jeep safari and the mud baths but have now read that they're not really suitable for a 3 year old.
The boat is perfectly safe for the kids my bay was crawling around under the shad on the top deck if that gives you some idea, they will give you lifs jackets if you want and they can have them to swim in thats what my son who was 5 at the time did and my neices.
No entertainment with Mustafa but plenty of stops for a swim then lunch to occupy them our kids just sat looking over the sides, swam at every stop on pancake island they can get off and walk along, you could always take a game or something for them gameboy if they have one?
The FC one does have kids reps on with music face painting etc so if you are worried they would be bored maybe that will be better we just thought that might be too crowded and we didnt fancy listen to the mimic man song allday!!!!!
I wouldnt have thought jeep safari would be any good for 3yr old be Mustafa would be the best person to advise he game me good avice about what trips to do and not to do with the baby.

Vicky
The 12 island trip sounds good is it much dearer if you book it with fc rather then Mustafa sounds good that the fc trip has kids entertainment ,as i am pretty sure my daughter will get bored.Thanks
Hi Again Sweetiepie

In answer to question about cruise through FC - we did it through FC and it cost £60 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Brilliant day out - kids reps were more for the younger kids (my 8 & 10 year olds didn't bother much with them). They did face painting and played some games with the younger kids - they did come round to the older ones with rope puzzles and scoobies.

Jeep safari through FC was fantastic day out and there was a 3 yr old on our trip who sat in the front of the jeep (2 seats available by driver). These seats are covered so don't get wet unless you want to. I think the jeep safari through the village is a longer day out and a bit more hair raising.

Janie
Thanks to the person who recommended the travel wash to me,got some yesterday in asda only 74p ,i'd never heard of it before so just thought i would mention it because it is handy especially if you have children. Its only a small tube and does 20 washes in hot or cold water.
Hi sweetiepie

Whats this travel wash that you have been recommended might have to get some of that as there is no laundrette

Thanks Haggis :D
Hi Haggis69, I am afraid you will have to do what my wife does, take some washing line and some pegs and use a little bit of elbow grease and wash your smalls by hand, far cheaper than using a laundrette or laundry service !!!! Sorry to be cheeky but it was too good to resist !!
Hi cruisecontroller think i've already resigned myself to washing my smalls and everything else by hand :? Can't wait now just over 4 weeks before we go dragging a bit now though
HI, Haggis it is by glo care, it is a small tube like a gel and you add one or two teaspoons to hot or cold water it does up to 20 washes thouhght it was a great idea.Some one on this site recommended it when i asked if they sold washing powder at the hotel. I got mine in ASDA at romford was cheap 74p,it's in a tube and is yellow and blue ,in the washing powder section,in the asda i went to it was on the bit where they sell ironing water.If you don't have an asda nearby i'm sure that they proberebly sell it in most supermarkets. :D
Hi i have mentioned a few people mention a man called Mustafa and booking tours with him is he on the site or outside of the complex if so where.Thanks :D
Hi sweetiepie thanks for that had a quick look on asda website and found it no doubt we will be getting a few tubes of it due to having two kids.
Regarding Mustafa you have to go into Sarigerme to find him I'm sure somebody will tell you exactly where to find him, I shall also be going to see the great man. When do you go? I'm off oct 12th

Haggis :D
Glad you found it , i'm off next week Thursday 14 th only for a week wishing had booked for longer no, can't wait sooooo excited first time have been away abroad on a proper holiday in 4 years.Never taken my daughter a broad before so bit nervous about how she will be on the plane and with the heat but i am sure she will enjoy it. :D
Still noone off on the 14th then
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.