Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
wow
19 Posts
I thoroughly agree have been checking it since the 10th and no new posts whats up folks?

Nia :shock:
I think pretty much most folk have had their holidays this year, coupled with the fact that the pp and pt are running smoothly, means that most folk aren't worried anymore.

Most of the questions that can be answered have been, and the English schools are back now aren't they? It'll probably pick up again when people start booking late deals for the half term holiday etc I'd imagine.

I'm still here! (I'm always here! lol :lol: )

Catherine xxx
Off to p/p tomorrow can't wait except for the fact that now more bombs have gone off ,didn't even know until i came on HT. Makes you feel uneasy about going .Anyone else flying out tomorrow can't wait. When i come back i will let deffinatley let everyone know how it went for all those that haven't been yet. I agree that it has been quite the last few days, it's only us last few that haven't gone yet. :D
i'm still here, hope you have a fab time sweetiepie, i did'nt know there had been more bombs!
we are still thinking about going back to p/p next year but there will be 7 of us and interconnecting rooms only sleep 6 so we would have to have 2 separate rooms, bit daft really cos we squeezed 5 plus a baby into a family room last year and they did'nt say anything :?
also been looking at the titanic beach and resort in lara (sorry :offtop )
Hi Just read your listing on more bombs in Turkey and went to look on the internet and a bomb attack has killed seven people and injured at least 17 in Diyarbakir, in Turkey's mainly-Kurdish south-east!

:( Niax
Hey sweetiepie

Have a great time on your hols 8) just save some alcohol and sun for me i've still got to wait another 4 weeks before i go :P
Thanks Haggis,can't wait getting picked up at 1 to go to gatwick airport. Will let you know how i got on . Soooooo Excited.

Thanks for the advise all everyone has given me over the last few it has come in handy.

Sweetiepie
:D
Sweetiepie, hope you have a lovely holiday. Very jealous, only 10 days to go for us!!! :D When do you get back, we arrive on 25th.

Bailey, glad to hear you had a nice time, despite the mossie bites. I was like that in Bulgaria so I can totally sympathise. Do you have some hydrocortisone cream to help with the itching, as obviously scratching makes them worse.

Talking of which, I've not started my garlic capsules yet, arrrghhh better do that tonight!!!!

C xxx
Hi scottishmum. i have been given some antibiotic cream from the turkish doctor an some antihistamine cream. am taking antibiotics from my own doctor. the itching just about gone now. i thought my foot was gonna explode on way home on the plane because it swelled up that much. is there anything i can do to prevent all this happening again if i go abroad?
Bailey,

I am the master of all things anti-mossie, rofl. Generally they do work, but unfortunately they didn't work at the PP for me!!! :shock: I didn't get bitten for the first 10 days but then for some reason they feasted on me lol. I think the first one who had a go sent the word out among all its pals. :lol:

Anyway, to save this going off topic, I'm going to find the link to a post I put previously in the mossie discussion. be right back.

C xxx
Bailey,

This link should take you to a post I put on last year after I came back from Marmaris.

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=388373&highlight=garlic#388373

If it doesn't its on page 10 of the 23 page mossie topic on the General hints forum.

Catherine x
i went to canada a few years ago and used the deet reppelant as shown on someone elses post.(deet) it does work very well , but i lent some to a man who put it on his legs , he went for a walk to a shop and came back with a carrier bag which had melted onto his leg so beware if using this.
:shock: Ermmm yeah I think I might avoid that! :roll:

Anyway, gonna get into trouble in a minute :offtop
What is happening with the replies?
Iv'e had to do the ironing for the last couple of days as there's no new gossip to chat about or read.

Mybe everyones in Turkey lapping up the rays.

My LIttle boy is 2 and a half and a bit confused. He keeps telling people that he's going to Chicken on a big plane and his little sister is going in the suite case because she does'nt get a seat of her own on the plane.

10 days to go. Can't wait.
Lol Nicola,

The first time we took Cameron to Turkey he was 2 1/2 too and he was telling people he was going to chicken. Trying to imagine the little one in a suitcase, rofl :lol:

Tut at having to do the ironing. :wink: I've sorted out Camerons clothes this week for holidays, so I suppose I'd better think about getting the suitcases down out the loft. :roll:

Not long to go now.

Catherine x
We are off to the pt on Saturday, only 2 more sleeps to go!
Hi Catherine,

Is the check in time 3 hours before? It says 2 hours on our tickets but my mum went to Rhodes on Wednesday and her tickets said 3 hours before departure. :?

P.S Are you getting butterflies yet.

Regards Nicola x
If u have pre booked your seats then yes it is 2 hours,if you haven`t then i think it`s 3 hours before :D

Woohoo 4 more sleeps then it`s off we go for us :fly so i`ll see all of you at the bar:glynis that are flying out this weekend :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.