Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
There are bars with live bands playing in both the old town and on the strip.
My teenage girls preferred the old town but we usually go the first week of Easter and the strip is very quiet at that time.
thanks for the replies, I think my 17 year old will be dragging us to the more lively places :(
I walked through the old town square at half-past midnight on Saturday and the Bubha Bar was heaving. Loud, throbbing music and numerous teenaged persons hanging around outside, yelling down their mobiles and texting their friends.

Sounds just the place for the younger ones. There are other, more sedate, bars nearby for those of a more sensitive disposition.

In August everywhere in the old town square etc will be really busy until at least 3am - there are about twenty music bars within 100 metres. Most have an open admission policy, except as I recall the Atrium (?) which had a list as long as your arm of reasons not to be allowed in - being under 21 was one of them.

PS legal drinking age here is 16 and ID is often asked for.
Mmm. My daughter and her friends who will be coming up 17 later in the year are looking for somewhere to go on holiday and what you describe Cubsur sounds ideal. Having been to other parts of the Algarve before I would imagine it will be a comfortable place for them to go on their first 'grown up' holiday.

Bit different from my first 'grown up' holiday going to Pontins in Paignton on an out of season break with another 17 year old girlfriend. :rofl could have had more excitement watching paint dry back home. :rofl
Mine would enjoy this too. I must check out the Paraiso again as I believe that was very close to old town :)
lynwestie wrote:
Mine would enjoy this too. I must check out the Paraiso again as I believe that was very close to old town :)

Sounds ideal doesn't it Lyn. Especially if you can get hold of some cheap Easyjet flights. I am sure I managed to get them for 60 pound per person when I went, so far cheaper than Turkey or Egypt. unless you get mega lucky. (although I appreciate that you are in the air for a lot less time).

That leaves a lot of scope for other costs, such as accommodation and spends, what with everywhere being more expensive due to the dodgy pound.

Very difficult finding suitable places for teenagers.
hmm it does sound just right Chris . We've always loved portugal so it would be somewhere where we would be happy to spend our holiday and at the same time knowing the teenagers would be safe (I hope) Ive been looking at bulgaria for a change as well . from what I remember when I priced the paraiso last time was that just the accomodation was coming out the same as I was paying for a package to turkey but next year I doubt very much if I will be able to get a child price for my youngest which may make a DIY to portugal or somewhere a possibility.

Obviously diferent in your case because your daughter would be going on her own with friends but if I were in that position it's got to be preferable to magaluf :yikes

lyn
I am a sad person and my choice would be to book a villa and flights and be out there at the same time 'just in case'. :rofl

Any excuse for a holiday. :rofl
My dear friend is doing just that this summer . Her 17 year old is going to Magaluf with the lads and she has booked the rest of the family in on another part of the island "just in case" .

He wasnt impressed :rofl
The Paraiso is about 15 minutes walk from the old town and beaches and only a little bit further from the 'Strip'.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.