America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I'm sure you've already seen them Doe but just in case, reviews HERE until someone can assist ;)

Pippy :)
doepsmc

One of the reviews is mine, its a fantastic place. Happy to help out, fire away :tup
In answer to your specific questions

Rooms are sizeable and comfortable
You are just off an I4 junction,cant remember the number, parks are not far at all - 10/15 mins
Pools and water features are top quality
The various eateries in the hotel are very high standard, and there are some a ten minute stroll away too. Mac's, Chillies,a chinese etc,along with a 7/11 and a couple of supermarkets if you fancy a night in front of the telly

Have a peek on a popular video hosting site ;) , some vids showing upon there these days
Thanks everso for coming on and replying. :) I am very keen, am thinking of doing 2 centre, a few days on the gulf coast to chill out & then driving up to Orlando and staying at Omni for 10 or maybe 11 days. Done 2 centers before and find it more interesting than complete vacation in Orlando.

My kids will be 16 and 14 and first of all I was going to go back to Sheraton Vistiana Resort as I liked the seperate bedrooms, but Omni looks lush. :) and I might be prepared to all bunk down together for it.

Other place I was thinking of was Disney Yatch and Beach Club so I can take advantage of the disney magic hours, but Disney rooms are often pretty small as you are paying for the name, and my kids are a bit old to spend the whole holiday doing disney anyway.

If I think of anything else I will be back on.

What company did you travel with, was it a good deal ? I am looking at Virgin, like I always seem to .

Will go and have a look on popular hosting site lol

Cheers Again, Doe ;)
I've stayed there twice. First time with Halle Berry! - well she was in one of the cabana's around the pool one day.

Would certainly stay there again.
>>I've stayed there twice. First time with Halle Berry!

With, or at the same time as :tongue
;) Well it certainly was a better story to tell down the pub than meeting Micky Mouse.
HI Traveller :wave:

I take it the place gets the thumbs up from you then ?

It looks nice, I'm thinking of staying at a new Hyatt down on the gulf coast in Naples or possibly the Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa for the first part of the holiday and I am looking for something comperable for the Orlando end. Hoping the Omni fits the bill.

Like the idea of the complimentary breakfast. ;)

Not to worried about celebs, got a few dodgy footballers round my way lol, but I dont suppose hubbie would mind sunbathing next to Halle Berry, might mention it, could be a deal clincher.
I assume you have looked at the championsgate.com website, doe :tup
Hi doepsmc,

Sorry, been away (Florida!).

Yes, Omni Championship Gate gets my vote (even without Halli).

For your second centre, do you mean the Hyatt Coconut Pointe, just north of Naples? If so - another good choice!

As is the Sanibel Harbour.

Not much help if you are undecided between the two. I would go back to both but probably pick the Hyatt over the Sanibel Harbour. They have recently opened some great new shops at the end of the road to the Hyatt.
Hi again

Welcome back, bet the weather is better there than it is here.

Yes I mean the Coconut Pointe :) Looks great, been on a few web-sites, location seems stunning. Stayed in the Registry Resort a few years back, although I know it's been re-named and am looking for something along the same lines.

I'm just thinking the Hyatt isn't just the Registry re-named amd taken over by the Hyatt chain is it ? Getting confused as its a few years since we have been.

Is this Hyatt a bit out of Naples ?

I guess the hotel on the coast is more important as you tend to spend more time in it than the one in Orlando.

Doe :)
The Registry (another of my old haunts!) was taken over by LXR resorts and renamed Naples Grande. I don't like the refurbishments - or the steep rise in prices in the restaurants and bars - so stopped going there. The Hyatt Coconut point is a good replacement for the old Registry.

The Hyatt is actually just over the county border in Lee County (rather than Collier County) and in fact is Bonita Springs/Bonita Beach area rather than Naples. It's about 15 minutes drive north of the Registry straight up the US41.

Oh, as for the weather last week. Rather cold! Blue skys in the day but cold at night.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.