Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Only in India
6 Posts
They in India really exist such cases?
Honestly Joseph - I am sure a lot of folks will have seen some of these in India.
I made up Rules of Road after going on the Golden Triangle tour by car.
1. Use your horn to alert drivers you are behind them
2. Drive on whatever side suits you best. Left is preferable but it doesn't really matter.
3. Use your horn to wake the driver in front of you.
4. Lanes- they don't exist. Those lines down the road are just decoration
5. Use your horn when overtaking
6. Dual carriageways- its ok to drive the wrong way down if
a. you are a tractor
b. you are bigger than everyone else
c. you can't be bothered crossing over to the other side
7. Use your horn to let the cow know you won't knock it down
8. Don't worry about avoiding pedestrians- its up to them to avoid you
9. Use your horn to say hello to the next vehicle
10. When entering a roundabout, don't stop- its up to the vehicles already on the roundabout to avoid you.
11. Use your horn to help you stay awake.
12. When turning on to a main road you must not look out for oncoming traffic. Its their fault if they crash into you
13. Use your horn
14. When turning onto a main road please remember that someone may be driving the wrong way down it.
15. use your horn
16. If you are involved in an accident, get out of your car, yell and scream at the other driver, have a good punch up and then both get back in your cars and drive off.
17. If you are a bus driver it is wise to slow down a little before any bridges to give roof passengers a chance to duck
18. Auto rickshaws- max amount of passengers is the number who can get in to it or hang off it.
19. Night driving- please be aware that people will be sleeping at the side of the road. Please try to avoid putting your lights on as this disturbs them.
20. Speed- there are no speed limits at all. Taxi and truck drivers in particular have a duty to get anywhere as soon as possible.
21. If your driver hasn't used his horn in the last couple of minutes please make sure he is still awake.
22. Don't get too close to the back end of an elephant or camel.
Fiona.

Number 12 really got me it is so true.They just pull out without a care in the world usually with a phone glued to their ear
yes- we saw all of those.
A new one in Goa this year( well a new observation)- ice cream sellers on bikes on the busy Calangute road- no lights and wearing dark colours. Are they mad??? :que
Fiona wrote:
Honestly Joseph - I am sure a lot of folks will have seen some of these in India.
I made up Rules of Road after going on the Golden Triangle tour by car.
1. Use your horn to alert drivers you are behind them
2. Drive on whatever side suits you best. Left is preferable but it doesn't really matter.
3. Use your horn to wake the driver in front of you.
4. Lanes- they don't exist. Those lines down the road are just decoration
5. Use your horn when overtaking
6. Dual carriageways- its ok to drive the wrong way down if
a. you are a tractor
b. you are bigger than everyone else
c. you can't be bothered crossing over to the other side
7. Use your horn to let the cow know you won't knock it down
8. Don't worry about avoiding pedestrians- its up to them to avoid you
9. Use your horn to say hello to the next vehicle
10. When entering a roundabout, don't stop- its up to the vehicles already on the roundabout to avoid you.
11. Use your horn to help you stay awake.
12. When turning on to a main road you must not look out for oncoming traffic. Its their fault if they crash into you
13. Use your horn
14. When turning onto a main road please remember that someone may be driving the wrong way down it.
15. use your horn
16. If you are involved in an accident, get out of your car, yell and scream at the other driver, have a good punch up and then both get back in your cars and drive off.
17. If you are a bus driver it is wise to slow down a little before any bridges to give roof passengers a chance to duck
18. Auto rickshaws- max amount of passengers is the number who can get in to it or hang off it.
19. Night driving- please be aware that people will be sleeping at the side of the road. Please try to avoid putting your lights on as this disturbs them.
20. Speed- there are no speed limits at all. Taxi and truck drivers in particular have a duty to get anywhere as soon as possible.
21. If your driver hasn't used his horn in the last couple of minutes please make sure he is still awake.
22. Don't get too close to the back end of an elephant or camel.

hehe :D
For the civilized world this is good reason to visit India :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.