Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
India on TV
52 Posts
There's also the Bombay Railway, on last night and next Sunday, but still available on Virgin On Demand if you miss one.
Quite a few clips of Goa and some typical Bollywood "singing and dancing"

Maybe on the BBC's new iplayer service too ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/bombay-railway.shtml
Thanks for letting us know about Monsoon Railway. Watched Bombay railways. They are repeats and really enjoyed them. I watch anything i can about India.
Thanks, Differently will watch Monsoon Railway as I very much enjoyed Bombay Railway. Anything about India and I have a Intense longing to go back :( Three months to go. :D
Never having been to India...(roll on next March though!) I found Bombay Railway fascinating.

Health and Safety doesn't apply!!! :lol:
Good...lots of people saw it then. Can i pick your brains?

What's the song that the wannabe actor sings at the end ?
They subtitled it "running running, my train is running"...but it's a old Bollywood tune that I can't remember the indian name of ?
Anybody know ?
Health and Safety doesn't apply!!!

This dosen't exsist in India, anywhere :lol: :lol:
That was my point exactly. Seeing all those commuters arriving Mumbai hanging on to the edge of a train doors, although there aren't any doors so to speak!!!.

I think they said on the programme that 7.5m people commute into Mumbai everyday.....or did I miss hear them :?
Can I just say, the last time I went on a commuter train in Bombay at rush hour it felt like all of the 7.5 million commuters were in my carriage!!! - I literally could not move, i got off two stops late because I couldn't move the 1 meters to the door!!!! :o) :shock: - Interesting though.... :D
I am watching the BBC 2's India Pakistan 07 season, and loving it !. Last nights journey from Old Dehli to Pakistan wiyh Sanjeev Bhaskar, was brilliant, especially the scenes at the India, Pakistan border, with the closing of the border crossing, in the evening, did anyone else see it ? I found it " Incredible ".
With lots more programmes to follow, it looks like I will be travelling around India and Pakistan for the rest of the month, Great.
Yes Lassigirl I though that the boarder crossing stuff was great and I fully understood why people went just for the show - it was brilliant, entertaining and very funnly. Only India and I Pakistan could make a tourist atraction out of supposed dislike of each others countries - quiet fantastic! Quiet India.
Hi Lassigirl

We watched last night and thought it was brilliant, we also watched the programme that followed "Calcutta Uncovered" with Anita Rani, thought the part where she went to the drama class was hilarious when she got them to try and speak with a Yorkshire accent. We will be watching "Saira Khan's Pakistan Adventure" tonight and we will be watching "Ganges" on Friday. At last something decent to watch on TV during the summer.

Debs
At last something decent to watch on TV during the summer

Totally agree! :P

I'm sure that TV companies think nobody watches telly in August :x
You know me! Anything about India in books or on TV , and I'm there. So I "went to Calcutta " it was an eye opener, I had to laugh when she asked the rickshaw-waller if it was the first time he had been given a ride, and was dissapointed to hear that it was the third time !
I loved the programme last night with Sanjeev. The ministry of silly walks comment at the border was hysterical. Was also amused by his transport in the first half of the programme. Seatbelt in the truck didn't work or was very short and the passenger seat had no back to it so he had to sit bolt upright the whole way. Reminded me very much of why I love India.
brought back fond memories of our trip to delhi and shimla earlier this year (part three of trip report coming soon!)

misterc.
Did anyone watch the Gary Rhodes programme on UKTVfood last night - Rhodes across India - I really enjoyed it, he is in India for the first time learning recipes for a banquet he is involved with in London. He has taken 3 people along with him to help (boy do I wish I was one of those lucky people!)
Loved the Ganges programme last week. The photography and scenery was incredible! Think it is on again this week!
These programmes are wonderful , so beautiful, looking forward to watching the ganges again on Friday :)
Yes another 2 episodes to go, Friday at 9pm on BBC 2 and repeated on Sunday at 6.10pm on BBC2. I think this whole India and Pakistan 07 Season has been really good so far.

Debs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.