Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Its in Bodrum and its called Halikarnas (spelling?) sorry not sure how far from marmaris.

Vicky
According to my auto route its 2.5hrs away.

Vicky
Believe me you wouldnt make the trip from Marmaris to Bodrum for a night out. I've been to both places and when i went to Marmaris i flew to Bodum airport and did the transfer over to Marmais... nightmare!

There are some open air clubs down bar street in Marmaris but on on the scale of Halikarnas
What you do is this maria. You go off to Marmaris and enjoy all the nightlife there (if it's your thing it seems daft to go to another resort when there's so much where you are).

Then you go visit Bodrum next year and you can compare the two! :)
thing is though if you go down the main bar street in marmais (and im not specifically talking about going in a nightclub here... just a bar) we were paying 6 NTL for a small (less than half a pint) efes!!

Based on an exchange rate of 2.7 NTL to the pound thats about £2.15 for a half, its beyond expensive!!
gaffer when will we see good comment about Turkey holiday resorts/transfering/bars/clubs/prices? pls Gaffer if u do care about ur money stay in UK !!!

*Edit as previously requested please do not use phone text Briar
Mariacp

There are open air clubs in all Turkey holiday resorts. If you are coming to Marmaris. you wont need to go other holiday resorts for clubbing.
Marmaris open air clubs r in Bar Street aka Old town. If you need more information i can give you sum websites or clips of Bar street Clubs.
I disagree with your comment's on poor gaffer, he's every right to let people know about prices and how hard certain transfers can be, this site is called holiday truths not holiday hopes, we all want to know what to expect everywhere we go and do not want thing's whitewashed just so more people will go on holidays, and less people know what to expect, good on you gaffer.
And I've known gaffer from his posts on here for the last 2 years - he is very enthusiastic about the things he likes on his Turkish holidays, but he is also realistic about the down sides.

Elaine
Thanks for the support Kara and Elaine (dont get on as much these days mate)

lilcheekymonkey you are entitled to your opinion on the comments i have made however as Cara says this is holiday truths and people what to hear about others experiences good and bad!

Granted that my comments in this thread are not positive but if you took the time to read my other posts then you will find that i love Turkey and all of my comments are based on fact and not an attempt to make Turkey look bad.

I will be back off to Turkey again for sure. However, people here in the UK hold an expectation that Turkey is cheaper and i am simply making them aware that in the locations asked about in this thread it is simply not the case!
I agree with Gaffer. I have been to Turkey before, but am interested on what other peoples views and opinions are. Afterall, thats why we are on this site.

Maria
I prefer a candid opinion from Gaffer on what he has experienced. Turkey is a wonderful holiday destination but there are rip-offs and pitfalls and it is as well to know about them.

I also prefer joined up writing to text abbreviations.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.