Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Opening
23 Posts
excellent

that means they'll be all up and running and in full swing for when i arrive in august :yipee
Excellent! - We arrive on the 27th. Anyone know if the building works are still going on near the Domniki (we're staying at the Farkonia, just across the way)

Richie
Building works
Was down that way Saturday, the road down from the Windmills and the Chinese ,on the right hand side infront of the Windmills and the Elemaris in the field that is between these hotels and the Pernera beach and Captain Peir, and the back of the Farkonia is now houses that are being constructed

Taking the road down past Seagull apartments and Sizzlers down towards Blue bay across from Captain Pier is now all houses going up by Tsokkos so a few shocks in store for holiday makers who have seen pictures of a lovely bay, the little taverna has gone,

Down towwards the lower end of Pernera next the the Issac houses going up,

Davidos, Pizza hut seating area all moved back to allow for pavements to go in, hope its all ready for the tourist arriving.
hope its not spoiling the are too much elizabeth
It is a shame , especially the Tsokkos one its right on the beach, but the area has to have pavements and fountains put in so it will look nice when it has all been upgraded,
will have to wait until 2008 as all this years hols booked
I have just got back monday i have 5 days holiday left and just found a flight out of newcastle for last Saturday in april £111 looks like i will be leaving again for sunny Cyprus soon just going to get the go ahead from work today :lol: :lol:
I will check the area out again if i manage to get away
not thinking of permanent residence yet elizabeth :)
lol :lol:
Nearly there just waiting for the new place to be built, :wink:
still in paralimni :?:
Sotira :D still near to Paralimni getting ready for the one way ticket just got back and so jealous of all those retirees. :lol: :lol:
Gertting back to topic I will try and get about if i get over in a few weeks time to check out the building work for you all.
Hi Elizabeth,
is it the Blue Bay taverna that has gone ? I am devastated if it is , as it is one of our favourite places for lunch while on holiday. We were looking at the building site a couple of weeks ago but concentrating on how it would impact the hotels surrounding it.
I took this picture last September whilst eating lunch at the taverna which sits at the back of the beach in Blue Bay. I gues this will be a thing of the past if it's that taverna that has now gone.
Sorry, no picture posted, as I am not qualified yet for that facility.
The little Taverna as you go on to the beach on the right hand side has gone.

I get mixed up here is the Blue Bay the one that sits right on the bay on the left hand side in front of the Pernera hotel to be honest i never looked that way I was too busy looking at the building work going on and hoping it will all look nice when its all finished, I was also looking to see if anyone was at the Captain Pier as we have made friends with the family and wondered how this would affect them.
I will take another look when i am back over in a few weeks
The Blue Bay is the restaurant on the right if you are going into the car park. There is then one up ahead that is more in front of the Perenra Beach hotel, Thats the Kamares, I think thats what it's called anyway.
I hope the Blue Bay hasn't gone as I only discovered it's delights last September and was hoping to use it again this year as it was lovely sitting there with a beer looking out to sea.
Doesn't look like anyone will be doing that this year Cardiff Lad. Here is a photo we took last year of the view from the Blue Bay taverna.

http://www.mydonkeypictures.co.uk/images/blue_bay.jpg
Yes its the Blue Bay that is all blocked off with huge fence and tarpaulins so I take it that it has gone to make way for the Tsokkos villas and apartments that are being built. :cry:

Runs nearly all the way from the Seagull right down to the road into the beach, I will try and get down again when I go back over on 25th and have a right good look.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.