Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
opticians
21 Posts
It's Drishti. I will have to have a rummage later to see if I can find an email address. I'm sure I'll have it somewhere.
many thanx for that will look forward to the email address :thanks
Fran you will get your glasses far cheaper in Mapsa ..I paid £77 for my glasses here in the Uk and took the script to the opticians in Mapsa and got the same glassed for £9 ......colleen
Mine weren't particularly cheap but definitely cheaper than the UK. I got mine from Drishti because they were handy. Frameless varifocals with reactolite were about £160 with a free pair of reading glasses. I know that the frames alone would have cost the same price in the UK, and the lenses about the same again.

I agree that Mapusa will probably be cheaper.
No email address on the receipt and I don't think I have a business card. The phone numbers are 9049848565 and 9049848643.
Tried a few opticians over the years and in my experience Eyesite came out tops.
Latest pair, rimless varifocals with titaniun (bendy)arms. £450 in UK, £105 at Eyesite for exactly the same pair, no, in fact the lens are better quality, (Carl Zeiss) although i did have to wait a week for the lens to be delivered from Mumbai.
Found the specs from Romanos to be pretty poor quality, especially the rimless range.
My previous glasses were from Romanos and I wasn't impressed.
Colleen - which opticians in Mapsa was that, or roughly whereabouts?? Can I get an test there as well?
DJK It is called Dangui...opticians .he is in the 2nd isle in the market sorry yes I would say you can have a test done there ok ......colleen
That was quick Colleen - Nothing wrong with those glasses !!! - thanks.
many thanx for the replies.the reason i was asking is I got my prescription glasses done by that particular optician,I picked them up just before I was coming back home & I havnt really been able to use them they dont seem right so I was hoping to get in touch with him to ask as I will be back at the highland beach this Nov: will he have a look at them for me & maybe correct the fault.Anyone think this might be done for me. :shrug
dkj its 100rps to have a eye test at DANGUI'S its just out of the market place but they take you there..Like the rest say its a good and cheap opticians we use them also and have always been pleased with our goods.Can i just say when you go say your leaving 3/4 days before you actually are leaving then if anything goes wrong you can get it put right before you leave..
I will keep that in mind & thanx for the tip. :thanks
The optician they take you to in Mapusa is a very lovely lady, very thorough and excellent at what she does. I had lots of trouble getting a prescription that worked at home but she sorted it out so I get correct vision. I would definitely recommend both her and Danguis for good service :wave:
Can i just say when you go say your leaving 3/4 days before you actually are leaving then if anything goes wrong you can get it put right before you leave..

This holds true for opticians, dentists and tailors. They always ask when you are leaving and whatever you want doing tends to take as long as the time you have left.
The optician they take you to in Mapusa is a very lovely lady, very thorough and excellent at what she does. I had lots of trouble getting a prescription that worked at home but she sorted it out so I get correct vision.

It should also be pointed out that she just does "the medical/technical bit" she does not sell glasses, contacts or vegetables(?) so has no bias or prejudice. In Goa this is very important. My mother-in-law went there and was diagnosed with a previously unfound life-threatening disaese that was then dealt with in the UK............still you cant win them all!

You can go to her for a test independently, she is above Union Pharmacy.

In fact, I am going to see her tomorrow as I am not too happy with my new and exciting contact lenses and feel I should have gone to her first.
By the way, contacts are cheaper here but not a mega-bargain compared with buying them on-line, which I will probably do in future.
Another good tip, sleep_r_us. Many thanks. Looks like I'm sorted for new specs !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.