Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
vwagen01,

Welcome onboard :tup
Because they are charter airlines, the flights originate in the UK and return to the original departure airport. You can't book a return ticket from Sanford because the flights originate in the UK. The flights are primarily for holiday makers on package holidays with limited availability for flight only. I don't think there's any way of booking them I'm afraid. Your best bet is one of the scheduled airlines from MCO. Prices may not be all that different to the likes of Thomson Airways or Monarch. I know what you mean though, TOM maybe be better value for money given the extra seat pitch.

Darren
You could do what you want with Thomson, providing there is availability. But you would need to book two one way fares. Alternatively try a low cost flight such a southwest it jetblue to JFK then air India to LHR that should work out good value.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
You could do what you want with Thomson, providing there is availability

I've already tried that and it won't let you book one ways from Orlando to the UK on any date I've tried.

Darren
Yeah, I tried also, and couldn't book a one way in either direction.
Also looked at theThomson Terms and Conditions and dont see why a ticket from USA to UK and return cannot be booked - the search engine allows you to put departure from Sanford to say Gatwick but will not offer a fare.....maybe it just allows booking from UK?

You could also try Air Berlin routing to Stansted via Duseldorf Germany. They will immediately allow one way or return fares to UK although could be quite pricey and most likely from Miami and not Orlando so might make that journey a little long winded (although nice on the former LTU Airbus 330's.)

Nivsy
Thanks for all of your help guys... I emailed Thomson to find out if this was possible, and this was their response...

EDIT: Post edited as personal correspondence should not be reproduced. However, it basically confirmed that Thomson could only assist with return flight bookings originating in the UK.
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.