just got back from our first time to malta and can i just say what a completely relaxing and lovely holiday it was,we stayed at the sunflower hotel in bugibba and although the hotel wasnt really to mine or my partners preferance it was still a nice and clean place to stay and very central to all the amenities of bugibba and qawra.we arrived in the early hours on the 1st of october to what can only be described as a monsoon(i didnt realise that rain could fall so heavily),but the next morning we awoke to a lovely sunny day and so we set out on our adventure of the island,we 1st went down to bugibba square and within 10 mins we had been hassled by 5 timeshare touts as they are known(i have my own name for them lol)after a few choice words with all of them they left us alone for the rest of day and we just set on the rocks and lapped up the lovely scenery.over the 2 weeks i think we haqve seen most of the island from land and by sea with captain morgan cruises(we highly recommend the round malta trip,it picks you up from your hotel and takes you to sliema for the boat whick includes dinner and a 3 hour stay at the blue lagoon at comino),we will definately be going back next year and to be honest it was the first holiday i have ever had where i wasnt ready for home after the 2 weeks,i enjoyed it that much and i would recommend the place to everyone,we were a little mithered before we went about if there would be enough to occupy us for the 2 weeks but i need not have been bothered because there is and more....so to all you doubters....just go for it,you will love it:)