Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Some more information please.

I believe onthebeachholidays is basically an internet travel agent which sells the products of travel companies.

1. Did you book a package holiday (flights plus hotel) from one holiday company? If so which one?

2. At the resort did you have a travel company representative you could complain to, and ask to be allocated a four star hotel in keeping with what you paid for?

3. If 2 applies, did you make a formal complaint in writing?

If we have the answers to these questions we might be able to point you in the right direction

Peter
Peter,
you are correct regarding otb holidays.
in answer to your questions.

1/ booked through otb flight with astreaus, hotel through hotels4u it was a package
2/ we had a contact number which was incorrect, tried ringing otb but didnt get any joy except for another number which we rang to be told she didnt work weekends. when we got through to her she told us that she had know for over a week orginal place was over booked and hotels4u were also informed by her but did nothing. the place we stayed was the only thing avalible due to feast day island saint. she told us to complain when we got home.

hope this helps
OK Ratpack, you did your best to sort it out at the resort, but I'm still not clear if it was a package or flights and a hotel booked separately. Did you pay separately by any chance?

I think your best bet is to get professional advice on this -
The aim of this section of the holiday-truth website is to enable holidaymakers to get advice and assistance as soon as possible on any holiday complaints or problems encountered.

Our members will be able to offer you advice on how best to deal with your holiday complaints and how to deal with the Tour Operators. However please remember that this will be non qualified advice. We therefore suggest you seek professional assistance from someone qualified in Travel Law.

We have teamed up with Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor, to provide the best information available.

Ros has offered our members free impartial legal advice. Please note that Ros does not read or post on this board any contact to her must be made via :-

Tel :- 01922 621114

Best wishes and please keep us informed as to progress.

Peter
1/ booked through OTB flight with Astreaus, Hotel through hotels4u it was a package

This cannot be a package if you booked them separately.
I am afraid these are the pit falls you can have if you don't book through a travel agent.

I know you could still have problems like this if you do book with a TA but at least you would be covered and they would sort it out for you.

I think you will find that hotels4u will not be interested in your complaint as they are renowned for this and are dreadful to deal with.
This cannot be a package if you booked them separately.

I'm not sure, but if not it could be a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act, or breach of contract, in which case Trading Standards might be interested, but no doubt Ros will advise.

Peter
I'm not sure either that this was a "package". It sounds to me like On the Beach have sold you separate components of the holiday. Some refer to this as a "dynamically packaged". The problem with this arrangement is that you don't have the same levels of support and consumer protection should something go wrong - e.g. if your flight is delayed your pre-arranged transfers may not wait for you, or if you are unhappy with your holiday accommodation you may not have the same fall back on help from a holiday representative in the resort.

In your case and now you have returned to the UK, I would take the matter up with On the Beach as your contract was with them. They in turn should contact hotels4U, the provider of the accommodation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.