Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi,
With respect, if you are used to the comfort of a tourist hotel of the standard of the Marharaba Palace do not go to a budget hotel in Tunis, we stayed in one in 2007, and although it was only 19TD pp pn (without breakfast) it was pretty awful, and believe me, I'm used to Tunisian standards. The shower was in the room (Tunisian standard plumbing) but the toilet was shared. The door locks, bedding, beds and towels were all of poor quality, the banging of doors and talking in the corridors echoed throughout the night, and the electrics were pretty dodgy.
My suggestion would be to go for a star-rated hotel, a lower bracket than you are used too, but then you will get a standard that you'll probably be more comfortabe with.
Of course, you may, by budget, not be talking about the same as me, but as you mention "hostle" I think that you probably are.
Regards,
Kevin
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your response............we've now gone to the opposite extreme and booked into the Carlton Hotel with Expedia.............I am a bit of a cheapskate sometimes ..........and as my beloved often points out to me .................you get what you pay for......................Unless that is you pay first asking price in the Medina.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.