EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Have you tried neglecting to wash for a week or two?
It works for me.

Or perhaps you should try telling people that you have become a Jehovah's Witness?
Er!.............OK

Try this.

Email a link to this, (your first post on this forum), to all your friends. Once they see that you appear to like telling people how popular you are AND how you consider this to be a big problem, you will soon find that people start distancing themselves from you.

That CERTAINLY works for me"¦"¦"¦Bye!
Please let's keep it friendly both.

Kath
I had visions of this topic getting heated. I wasnt aiming at one person in particular. I have obviously misinterpreted.

Apologies.

Kath
You must have very strange ex-pat neighbours if they have all that time on their hands when they live here! Don't they have any other friends?
There's nowt so queer as folk ....................... and this applies to any country not just the one you were born in :D :D
They're probably just being over friendly. Possibly they think you might be the lonely ones?!? You never know, they might think because they're all friends and there all the time, you might want their company and experience of the area?!?
We find it the other way round. Friends who have second homes here expect us to "drop everything" and go out every day or sit up late drinking as they are in holiday mode
Harold,

1. Build a high wall.
2. Don't answer your doorbell.
3. Install security cameras.
4. Wear sunglasses all the time.
5. Ignore everybody by playing deaf and blind.
6. Keep a stern look on your face.
7. Drive fast through extremely narrow streets.
8. Play loud rap music.
7. Wear a football shirt.

Then, I'm pretty sure that the only people who will notice you will be the local police.
Harold.
I think you're in a no-win situation and you're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't .
I gather from your posts, that you managed quite well before these people moved into the area, so if you never saw them again, it wouldn't leave a big impact on your lives.?

However, we all get old and lonely, and one day any one of us could be in that situation where we look forward to seeing familiar faces and having a good conversation, so it's really hard to hurt people, unless you are a hard so and so.

Chose which way you approach this, you're not going to come out of it feeling good.

Invite them round for dinner and explain the situation as tactfully as possible, explain that you like them very much, but you have to have some quality time alone, if you don't tell them, they are not mind readers and will never know, if you start cutting them off and ignoring the doorbell or phone etc, that is being cruel because they will feel very rejected and will be racking their brains wondering what they have done wrong.
IMO: You have to tell them, it's the kindest way for both of you, if you tell them in the right way, they should understand although they may feel a little wounded for a while, but remember one day you may be like them, you might think never, but never say never. ;)

Sanji
Sanji,
Thanks you for you're very helpful ost. You're right I think we'll drop it into coversation next time we go.
ask them if they would like to join the local swingers club that may fix it, there again they may like it good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.