Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Angie. I think you are confusing me with a member whose daughter worked on the Thomson ships.

However, yes I do remember you going on the cruise and having a baby, but he's a little boy now!

luci :wave
Ooooooooops! :oops:

My memory is going! Sorry Luci!! Can you re-call which member it was, would be could to catch up with her.

Yes, our baby is now 3.5 years old! How time flies!!

Angie
I think it was laine, but I haven't seen her post for some time.

Yes.......that's it! Laine

Now I can see how i got mixed up! :rofl

Both names are short and start with an L!

Thanks for that Luci.

And sorry for :offtop

Angie
Hey here i am. How nice you want to catch up, havent posted for ages but i look in all the time. Louise did her last cruise on the emerald lovely it was too. 3 yrs ago now, met her fella on there and now gigs with him and sometimes does caberet on her own. steven not married and still on the thomson ships i believe. And angie... maybe you should have another cruise if your little boy is now turned 3( hmmm :rofl :rofl ;) ;) ). lucie sorry off topic its a 1 off :tup
Can anyone tell me if the dress code of the day applies to all the restaurants and bars. Two friends are looking to go on a first cruise and would prefer to dress "smart casual" in the evening but don't want a ship thats shorts and flip flops at dinner !! They like the look of the P and O ships but are concerned about the dining. Thanks Ellie
Shorts, flipflops, swimming trunks etc are not premitted in any resturant on any P&O ship.
We are booked on Ventura
we are a party of 11.
My husband ad myself our 3 children, my parents and my friends and their 2 children

Cannot wait have heard some terrible reports I am just pressuming that they are just moaning for moaning sake and we will be determined to have a fab holiday.
We go on the 3rd Dec from Manchester on the carribean cruise.
I loved Ventura, and would not hesitate to go on her again.

Its just like any holiday - it's what you make it!

Kath x
Has anyone cruised on the Ventura lately? We have booked for a 7 nights Fjord cruise on the Ventura starting 17th July 2010.

I have read some reviews (after we've booked) and to be honest I am a little bit confused.

Can anyone give some feedback please?

Salvu - Malta
Not recently, but we were on a 14 nighter October 2008. There were numerous bad reports before we sailed, and there were many whingers on board. We had a marvellous time!

Just remember, no cruiseline or ship is "perfect". What you find with the Ventura is that most of those making negative reviews are "traditional" P&O'ers who want things to be the way they have always been! On our cruise, many were complaining that the ship was too family orientated and did not like me pointing out that the Ventura was specifically marketed towards families!

In the end, your cruise will be what you make of it...go determined to have a fantastic time, and you will.
We are two 50+ year olds who have booked Ventura for July 2010. It is classed as a family ship, so yes, we are expecting families, yes we are expecting children and yes noddy will most probaly be on board. But, as I said, she is classed as a family ship.

I feel the biggest problem is snobbish P&O cruisers who cannot find it in their minds that the cost of cruising is coming down and is very, very good value for money.

On the plus side, when we went on our first cruise, Arcadia, yes we are also P&O cruisers, we were told by cruisers on the P&O site that we would hate it, every one on the cruise would be either over 90 or in a wheelchair. Yes there was an older age group, but we think the average age was more nearer 60 and yes there were people in wheelchairs but so what.

We really enjoyed our cruise, met some fantastic people, some we still keep in touch with, and from it we got the cruising bug.

So, enjoy your cruise, take full advantage of what Ventura has to offer and after you come back make your own mind up. But one thing I will say is, good or bad, you will always remember your first cruise.
Just returned on sat 16th Jan from carribean cruise on board Ventura,have cruised some 5 times before and despite this ship being very large,if you follow the fold up hand map given to you with cruise card plus directional maps of ships facilities on each deck next to lifts it is no bother finding your way about.
Travel arrangements were first class,direct flight from Glasgow to Barbados, transfer from plane direct to ship, accomodation in inside cabin very good+comfortable,no complaints at all about quality of food or price of drinks,entertainment was a bit of hit or miss,all islands had something to offer though some better than others,
We enjoyed the ship and all it had to offer and yes would travel on her again. :
10x to ALL of you who replied to our querey / concern re: cruising on the Ventura (July 2010). On the whole we have received favourable comments; thus putting our minds at rest that all in all .... it should be a great holiday.

10x once
Salvu from Malta
We quickly found on Ventura to use the map to identify where you wanted to go and use the lift on your cabin deck which gets you nearest to where you want to be.

If you have a cabin at the far ends of the ship it may mean walking a distance to the lift, but it's easier than getting the nearest lift to the cabin everytime and then negotiate the public areas. At times the corridor around Havana Bar and photo gallery get very crowded.

Same on return - get the lift nearest to you in the public area and do the long walk on your cabin deck.
Hi any one recently holidayed on this ship.I have just booked 29 day cruise over christmas and new year and believe the ship has encountered a few problems with regard food quality staffing issues ect.
although i have used P and O in the past ,I have no experience of this ship,any comments advice or suggestions of your recent experience would be appreciated Regards Mark
Came off Ventura just over a week ago - our second trip on her in the last 8 months.

I've done a review, but it's not listing yet.

There were absolutely no issues with food or the staff. There are some people who don't rate the Waterside buffet restaurant. I had no problem finding something I liked every day and there was a huge choice - 3 or 4 main dishes - curry, hotpot, fish and chips, roast dinners, cold meat platters, shepherds pie, steak, pasta, soup plenty of fresh veg, salads, choice of potatoes, fresh fruit and plenty of desserts.
Sorry about the delay in showing your review daveyjp. The Admin who approves cruise reviews is on holiday at the moment. It should be done by the weekend. If not, send me a PM.

No probs - I didn't want the poster trying to find it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.