Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
palm trees
8 Posts
I think if you check it out with the airlines you will find it is not permitted.

We live in Cornwall and have alot of different palms growing in our garden that we have bought here.......date palms, fan palms, cornish palms, red and green and also olive trees and banana tree and fig tree !!

If you shop around in good garden centres then you will find all sorts to keep you in the holiday spirit when in your garden!!

best of luck
Tina
Depends where you live, Cornwall OK, mild etc but any colder they will die
live in south wales we have lots of palms in our garden lots of good places to buy here, just my husband saw lots in a garden centre in calis beach and wanted to bring some home i said no as we wouldnt be able to bring them on the plane just wanted some back up
My mum used to live in the isle of Bute just off the West Coast of Scotland and she had two enormous palm trees, in fact the whole island had loads of them. My next door neighbour has just planted one and we're just outside Glasgow!!!

Catherine x
Becci. The basic answer to your question is "no". Customs won't let you bring plants from abroad into the country. However I'm not sure if the airport authorities in Turkey would stop you boarding the plane with them.
I think those will be Torbay palms
The Cornish palm i have is cordeline. but yes there are torbay palms also which are nice too.

Tina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.