Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hello laplaya
Welcome to Holidaytruths

Try this site http://www.a2z majorca.com it has properties for sale and lots of other information. (Sorry but I can`t do links)
hi , i have 2 apartments in magaluf ,i dont live there but i go a lot .
just pm me and if i can help i will .

http://www.cjbestard.com/eng/ is a local estate agent web site hope this helps

jim
Hi Laplaya,

Ironically, today is my 4th year anniversary of arriving on the island. I have lived in both Magaluf and Palma Nova and currently still in P/Nova. Personally I think Palma Nova is a nicer place to actually live as it is that much quieter than Magaluf. Although, there are parts on Maga that are much quieter than certain areas. Rumour has it that property prices are going to start coming down shortly, this will have a significant impact on what you will get for your money. Realistically you can expect to pay around 120,000 GBP for anything half tidy although the property prices are extremely varied here. Although I rent my apartment, it might be a better option to come over and rent for 6 months whilst you search the area / market. This will save a lot of pressure on yourself and give you chance to find something you really want at the kind of price you want to pay.

One thing to be aware of (a friend of mine has just gone through this) is that a lot of Mallorquean people prefer to do business with "black money" which can mean you pay of lot of the purchase price in cash. This can mean you handing over a considerable sum in cash. You would have the issue of carrying this on your person. You would definately need a lawyer on your side and present to oversee proceedings. You can find many lawyers who speak English here.

Daily Bulletin & Euroweekly are local English newspapers who have considerable property sections and well worth a look. Generally when you sell property here, you tell the agent your asking price and they add around 5 or 6 percent as their fee. This can obviously hike your price up and put off potential buyers. Also when you buy, you need to realise that this percentage on the sellers price is also a fee and not neccessarily the vendors price. Just something else to check out. I know you would prefer to buy private but Imperial Properties in Santa Ponsa (who are friends of mine) have been establish a few years now and cover Palma Nova area. They are worth having a chat with as they are Brits and I am told by people who have used them. Are very professional and honest (which is a bonus)

I have many friends here in a wide variety of businesses so if you need any more info,
Good luck
Hi folks, Going to Palma Nova in June and need to find where we can buy goats milk for our little one who has a skin condition and can't drink normal milk. Anybody seen it in the supermarkets? We are staying at the Porto Nova Apartments so hoping theres a supermarket nearby where we can get the goats milk as needed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.