Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hey there

Palma nova is lovely and if you get a taxi its only 20 mins from airport

you are surrounded by 4 beaches, magaluf, Son Caliu, palma Nova beach and son Matias beach

you have the aqau water park anf the western water park, you have the upside down house KAtmandu defo worth a visit oh and you have ahops and arcades and entertainment for them and you in abundance oh and somewhere near BCM the big club in maga you have Good fellows bar which is good for a drink try Adams cocktails and to watch the entertainment while the kids relax and play around
deffo magaluf , its got the lot , the best beach , the best water parks , the best live show on the island ( pirates ) . the new house of katmandu .
umpteen bars and clubs with plenty of entertainment for all the family (goodfellows etc)

and its 20 mins from the airport in taxi 30-35 euros

hope this helps
I didnt like Alcudia at all and for the extra hour or so on the journey I was disappointed.

Palma Nova is my recommendation. Slightly more upmarket that Magaulf, with a nice beach and a couple of nice eateries.
I'm getting really suspicious here - why is everyone being so nice to me - is Jeremy Beedle about to jump out? :o

Got to be impartial, and say probably Palma Nova would be best with younger kiddies, although the choice of Hotel, and the time of year would be important factors.

All the resorts you mention have their advantages and disadvantages, but since it seems that coach travel is a problem, then all other things being equal, Palma Nova is nearer the airport.

Wherever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Cheers

Adam
Hi

I have just been to the travel agents and got lots of brochures to look through.

I hope I book in time for the free kids place as well, going to try and book next week :D

I am looking for S/C and have to travel in school hol's, so guess it will be Aug sometime, more expensive :evil:

firestars what didn't you like about Alcudia?

Thanks for your replies

K
Alucida seemed to consist of 1 long street running from the Hills, over a small humpbacked bridge and finishing at the Beach.

The bars were few and far between and there seemed to be no real holiday atmosphere - not people going crazy - just not the nice relaxed feel that I got in Palma Nova.

Alucdia does have some decent enough restaurants thats true but in 7 days you stuggle to find somewhere that you like the look of that you have not already visited.

I like PN, in fact I think I will go again for a week in the Spring. From your post you have kids and regardless of their age, I dont think that PN will disappoint them or yourself!
Hi firestars

Thanks for the info.

So Alcudia is just one long of shops, bars, etc....

It's true, I would like some atmosphere too.

I will see what they have on PN in the brochures.

K
Well we have decided on Palma Nova. 8)

And will have to try Goodfellows (well it is my favourite film) :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.