Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi :D

Did anybody travel from Marmaris to Pamukkale by car?
What's the road (mountains ie.) like and how long would it take to reach Pamukkale?

Any general advice to first time drivers in Turkey will be highly appreciated :)

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day :pele
Went from Gumbet to Pam. Very long trip. 6.30am-9.15 pm. Again long carpet stop. Would not do on a day trip; I don't think its worth the trip until they get back running properly anyway. It was the equivalant in distance to driving from Liverpool to Dover and back in a day.
Margaret
hi all is it possible to do trips diy ie drive and stay in hotels yourself i have driven in turkey a few times, i would be driving from bodrum. any good hotels etc for trips to above sites :lol:
yes its much cheaper to book independently from shops such as mr travel in marmaris. its a very long trip but worth it. we went on a 2 day tour firstly to epheses (also a great day out) it took about 3 - 3.5 hrs from marmaris. it snt far to pamukale where we stayed overnight. this meant we spent longer there. be warned though they have now diverted water away from waterfall pools to prevent erosion and discolouration. its still lovely and worth a visit especially a swim in cleopatras pool,its fantastic. you also stop at the obligotry carpet factory as on all tours. going independent was at least half the price of thomsons as were all the tours. hope you enjoy
There are a lot of hotels and pansyons in and around Pamukkale.

There are websites for Denizli and Pamukkale,these will give you more info.

If you drive on past the village of Pamukkale and past the entrance to the cliffs you will come to some larger hotels. The Richmond is one which comes to mind. These hotels have large swimming pools and thermal spas.
On the Photo Galleries there are pictures of Cleopatra's Pool, where is this and is it easy to get to from Icmeler.

Dave
Cleopatra's pool is at Pammukale.
You can get trips there from Icemeler, but it is a long way.
Most are two day trips. quite reasonably priced though.
yep i will be trying to keep it short
pamukkale from marmaris and icmeler about 4 hrs travelling.(inc break for breakfast)
you see ancient city of hiearapolis first then you go into place. on the left it is cleopatra's pool. then further u will see museum there are parts that you can see without paying entrance fee ;)
then pamukkale's itself alias cottoncastle.
trip from marmaris area is taking about 14 hrs starting about 6 am.
carpet shop and/or onyx shop visits compulsory. :(
prices vary from £25 - £40
does anyone know how long it would take to get to Pamukale from Olu Deniz, we are going to turkey twice next year icmeler for 10 days and Olu deniz for 10 days and would love to go to Pamukale but which is the nearest to it
Sorry H/T but we did the Pamukkale trip from Icmeler in May. Never AGAIN. :( We were picked up at 6-30am and told we would be staying at a small Turkish Village for lunch!!!!! That turned out to be the carpet factory for 2hrs :evil: When we arrived at Pammukale we where then told. You cant go here, you cant go there!!!! The place was bone dry in most places :swear appart from a few pools which you could paddle in. I have posted some pics which are very nice but, i certainy would NOT go there again. I think if people paid for rooms for the night it STILL is NOT worth it. 15hrs of travelling, and 2 hrs staying at the place you paid to visit which was mostly closed!! isnt worth it SORRY :oops:. Please stay overnight if you wish to visit the place. we did not. Happy hols. Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Anna.
i think you have booked your trip with a local agency. local agencies are selling trip cheaper because they are signing with sponsor such as carpet place that you stopped for 2 hrs at.
it is correct that you cannot walk everywhere in the place because it is unique in the world and it needs to be protected.

Best Regards,
Mesut Caliskan
Marmaris / TURKEY
YES i totally agree with you Lefteris but i do wish this was pointed out when we booked. Happy hols Anna. I hope people ask 1st which we did NOT. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:D Hello

Going to Kussadasi in 4weeks time :lol:

How far away is it from here?

Were is best place to book this trip?
from kusadasi it takes at about same like 3,5 or 4 hours. i recommend you to book it from your rep it might be a bit more expensive but definately better service! Which travel company are you going to travel with?
Suemackey,
we did the Pammukale trip from Fethiye a couple of years ago and I think it was only available with an overnight stop. I would assume that Olu is the same.
del949
We are going with Thomas Cook :D
We did a two day trip from hisaronu last week, the sites are very impressive at both sites but the journey of 5 hours to epehesus then another 3 to pammukelee hotels on the same day is very tireing.

The price of drinks in the pammukelee hotels worked out at 38 Euros (£26) for six small beers and six cans of fanta!

We had 3.5 hours at the heiropolis and pammukelee site then with lunch and stops at alabaster and carpet factorys our journey home took another 4-5 hours

If you can hack the sitting on the coach the trip from anywhere in turkey would be worth it
Thomas cook runs their own excursions and they use serve with better quality. it will be a bit better to book your trip with thomas cook's rep. it will be costing you a bit more as well.

Best Regards,
Mesut Caliskan
Marmaris/TURKEY
Celine
The info I gave on the first page was Thomas Cook. or JMC as they were just changing the name back at the time and didn't know who they were.

We went from the Tusan but it picked up others before and after us. Some off them had not been told the right amount for entry to Cleopatras pool and so had to borrow the money from the rep.

Funniest part of the trip was the sight of 2 grown men jumping into a field to retrieve Cotton Buds for the trippers to see.

Watch out for the TC boat trip..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.