Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
We certainly enjoyed our stay at the Paraiso Albufeira in February this year. Its well located and the Old Town and the Strip are both in walking distance although the hotel runs a courtesy bus a few times a day. Alternatively you can use the little mini train that stops nearby. This will take you to the escalator near Fishermans Beach or along to the Strip. You can buy an all day ticket and hop on and off as many time as you want. Sure the kids will love it. Taxi stance nearby, costs about 3.50 euros to go into either the Strip or the Old Town. This just takes 5 minutes.

Practically right on the doorstep you have the huge supermarket Modelo which sells everything and another supermarket Pingo Doce is just over the main road. Shops, bars, restaurants all nearby too.

You can go self catering at Paraiso which we did (although we didnt cook) but ate out every night. Theres was a good size fridge in the room which was very handy. Loads of lovely restaurants but one of our favourites is Os Compadres, in a little square at the top of the Montechoro Strip. Good food and a terrific price. Also the Cottage next door is worth a visit too.

Theres lots of regulars on this forum who give excellent tips and advice so I am sure you will be offered some more information
by others. if I can be of anymore help, please ask.

My husband and I agreed that we would definately go back to the Paraiso altho our next visit is to the nearby Forte do Vale.
as above! i would definitly go back to the paraiso.lovely hotel and central to the strip and old town.just watch your change if you use the small train that goes around resort.i handed them a 20 euro note and they said i gave them 10 euros.took the driver 10 mins to count all his money to prove i was right after i threatend to go to police ! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.