Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
hi Debs welcome to HT.. have you looked at the Members reviews for this one yet???

wizard
Thanks. I shall book it tomorrow. Sounds just we are looking for :D
I was there this year end of may/beginning of June and the weather was lovely. Sunny and hot with a light breeze. No rain but a few warm cloudy days.

Lummie
Thanks Lummie. Booked it yesterday! Just come back from fuerteventura which was very windy so breezy will do just fine. :D
Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade to half board at this hotel and how much it costs. Booked today cant wait :P
Yes i think it is. My travel agent said that you can upgrade to all inclusive while you are there. We go on Thursday & hope on having 1 week AI if possible.

I cant wait. Its our first time in Albufera :-)
You may find you regret going AI when you see the many great restaurants and bars in Albufeira. It's not like the Caribbean where your hotel is miles from anywhere, or it is a bit risky to go wandering at night. Local traders (such as myself) desperately need your business, Thompson/First Choice already have your business, and are rich already.
Its our first time in Portugal, and we are more than happy to give local traders our custom.

If anyone could / would recommend any we will gladly eat out, plus we'll post reviews on this site so that others can benefit.

We set off on Thursday & have 14 days & nights to play with.

Plan is to hire a car as we'd like to get out & about and see as much as we can. Only for a week though as the kids are dying to sample the pool & beach.

If anyone can recommend anywhere to eat closish to the paradiso we'll give it a try.

Thanks
We always use O'Manjars, it's a small Portuguese restuarant on the way down into the old town (10 mins walk from Paraiso). Excellent steaks and though there is no kids menu, we always order a chicken/pork and they split it for us. Ate there 4 times on our last visit, the portions are massive and the place is always busy which is a good sign.

There's plenty of entertainment going on in the square for kids but try and avoid eating in the restuarants there as I found the food was all the same, very bland and you pay more.

For a nice friendly drink, the nearest bar is Floyd's :tup which is a 5 mins walk away (quiz 2x a week)

If you do any trips (waterparks, zoomarine) get the tickets from the Modelo supermarket nearby which does discounts on entrance fees (1 child free, 10% off etc)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.