Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
PAROS
19 Posts
Has anyone stayed at either of the following who can give me some reviews :?:
Sunset View Parakia
Damias Village Studios Parakia
or
Eri Hotel parakia
Anything would be appreciated
Cheers folks :)
Sunset view is a long way out of town and all up hill.
We stayed at Damias Village in May 2004.
They are the best apartments we have stayed in Greece over the last 15 years. QUIET area and only 5 minutes to the beach.
Thanks for info Frank but too late unfortunately, I'm afraid we booked last week for Sunset. Never mind, will get me fit anyway!!!
When we stayed on Naxos a couple of years ago we were a fair way out of Naxos town but enjoyed the walk after dinner so hopefully this will be similar. Knew the apartments were fairly high up from the photos on the web site, some fantastic views. Anyway, if we like Paros and decide to return I will keep your recommendation on Damias in mind ... thanks again
We are going to Naxos for 1 week in May 2005 staying at Sunny Beach Studios at Aghios Georgios. Have you any useful information that you think we should know. Anything is welcome.
Thanks
Frank
See below a pasted copy of report written when we returned (from another forum) :shock: .
====
These studio/apartments are basic but well situated for a quiter holiday being around five mins walk to the beach of Ag Georgios and about 20 mins to the tavernas in Chora (Naxos Town), a really pleasant walk though with a sprinkling of tavernas on the way - some very good.

Sunny Beach is typically Greek. Basic but fine. The rooms are kept clean and the room we had was large, although our room was sub basement and really felt damp.
Some of the rooms near us actually had damp on the walls, problem was (I thinkl) that it was the beginning of the season (end May early June) and they had not been aired out. Small swimming pool which was cleaned ever couple of days (plenty of sunbeds around the pool).

Beware - studios are sourrounded by reclaimed swamp land (mostly at the rear and consequently has a mossi problem, make sure you take spray and use it!!!!
====
This is for the studios. If you want some more information on naxos itself PM me and I will help where I can
Heather
Thinking about going to Paros in August, and stay in either Naoussa or Piso Livadi. Anyone got any view of these places, as regards to restaurants, nightlife, shops, beaches etc? Not looking for a full-on party resort but would still like to be able to try a few different bars and restaurants while we're there. Boyfriend is not too keen on seafood so would like to know if there are any options, as the guidebooks only seem to metion a lot of fish restaurants!
ANY advice would be appreciated
Hi Cami,

Spent 2 lovely weeks in Piso Livardi, Paros, in '92. Also went to Naoussa and Parakia a couple of times.

Paros is a small island and we got round easily by the local bus. It was quite laid back then and may have changed, but there were plentiful tavernas. In Piso Livardi they are right on the beach and at Naoussa they're by the harbourside, so take your pick. Also found some nice ones in the shady backstreets in Parakia. Seafood does abound, but there was plenty of other, typical greek cuisine.

We flew to Athens and took the ferry to Paros. During our stay we took the ferry to Mykonos andd Santorini - the latter being the most wonderful experience ......the ferry entrance is dramatic and the walk along the top of the island at 7.00 a.m. looking out over the caldera is the memory of a lifetime.

Personally I'd stay in Piso Livardi, but everywhere is so accessible it doesn't really matter........Paros is lovely.

Hope you go ....and have a lovely time!
We are off to Paros in three weeks, staying at Sunset View Studios in Parikea.
Will post a review on the island when we get back home

Heather
Went to Paros 3 years ago. Nice island. Naoussa is lovely and you can get a caique (water taxi) to beaches which you can't drive to. As you mention fish is very popular but most if not all the tavernas will do meat and veggie dishes (and delicious they are too). We found it a bit windy when we went but had a very enjoyable stay. The Chora is quaint to walk round.
Have a good time.
Naoussa would definately be the best choice for you, it is much larger than Piso Livadi so does have a number of bars and plenty of restaurants and shops, the better beaches have boats going from the harbour try Kolimbithres, Monastiri, Langeri. There are buses to Ag Irini beach and also to the beaches between Piso Livadi and Drios.

There are plenty of meat dishes on offer in the tavernas, fish dishes are pricier so you will save some money...
Hi
Just returned from Paros on Friday and had the most fabulous time. Can recommend Diamanthis restaurant just to the right of the cathederal and Romantica on one of the winding streets just off from the Cathederal.
Prices are much more reasonable in restaurants like these than on the harbour front. Also you have to try the cake shop on the main street just up from the harbour, everything is to die for.
Have fun! :D :D
OOPS
Forgot to say we stayed in Naoussa :D
Hi LoobyLoo, we go next Friday from Manchester, a very early start though at 6.20 flight :yikes - staying in Parakia. Can you recommend any really nice beaches?
Heather
HI Heather you lucky thing,
We prefered Kolymbithres beach which was about 30 mins walk from Naoussa or a 10 min boat ride. Most harbours seem to have small boats running to the best beaches about every 1/2 hour and only cost a few euros. I would also recommend visiting Dhryos. We hired a quad bike for a few days and spent most of our time there. Not much happening but a lovely deserted beach, a few fishing boats and a couple of tavernas.
6.30 many seem like an ungodly hour now, but trust me, the travelling is well worth it.
:D :D :D :D
Cheers Looby - appreciated :lol: Luckily we only live a short distance from Manchester Airport so do not have far to travel (luckily at that time in the morning). We will try some of the places you recommended as we always get a scooter to potter around on
Heather 8)
Cami - Piso Livadi is TOO quiet, hardly any bars, and just a few tavernas - nearly all of them fish ones :( .......... Naoussa is great, loads of ordinary tavernas, all with great food - one called the Romantica just down from the church does great lamb chops (just a plate full of them) Never hada bad meal, so if your fella doesn't like fish - No problem. Loads of Bars, a street full of late-night music bars on the street behind the main street, but just be careful if you drink in the harbour itself - Very expensive. The ones on the Main street are just as good for people watching. You can get to 3 lovely beaches by water taxis - only a fiver return for 2 people. Can highly recommend Naoussa. :D Pippa
We stayed at the Albatros Bungalows just outside Piso Livadi and I would say it is one of the best places that i've stayed in Europe. The accomodation is run by a delightful lady called Stella who catered for our every whim and I would recommend this accomodation to anyone.It was a little out of the way but we looked forward to a nice evening stroll along the beach to Piso Livadi for dinner or a taxi ride to Naoussa.
Naoussa was a beautiful town with nice restaurants and shops and we had a few good nights in town.Definitely go to Paros if you can and stay at the Albatros Bungalows.You can book online at their website.
Well back from Paros now and had a wonderful time. Will post a full review at a later date in the appropriate spot, but in summary
Stayed Sunset View just outside of Parakia, fantastic views from up there, but a very steep climb up the hill to get to the apartments so defin. not for anyone with walking difficulties. Kept spotlessly clean with fresh towels and bedding on daily basis, run by a lovely Greek family who make you feel like one of the family. Highly recommended. Hired wheels and saw the full island. Pisso Lavadi is very pretty but not a great deal there, however would stay there if it was just for a week to chill, any longer and think that personally we would have gone a bit stir crazy. Drios is nice as is Lefkes and Alikes. Noussa is very quint but too cluttered for me, an hour walking round taking photos was long enough. Would imagine it was packed to the rafters at night.
If anyone thinking of visiting then beware if hiring either scotters or cars. The drivers are mad, worst I have ever encountered in twenty plus years of traveling to Greek and her islands so be warned! :yikes
Heather
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.