Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Passport Expiry
141 Posts
I believe you have to have 6 months date left, so if this is right you will be ok.

Penny
Phew! Many thanks Penny.

Jayne :D :D
We return to UK on 4th September and our passports expire 11th February.This is just 6 months , will it be ok?
Maz
That will be fine.

Elaine
I believe you can renew your passports early and have the unexpired portion added on. Not sure if there is a limit tp how many months they will carry forward though.
del949
we have just come back from to turkey on fri and my son had only 5 mths on his passport and last year we went to turkey with 4 mths on my daughters i had no problems at all, i rang consulate up first before leaving about my daughter and they said that was fine as long as there was 3 full mths, i know it says 6 mths on their website but she said 3 mths was fine
Hi
We are going to Bodrum on September 11th for 2 weeks both my childrens passports will have just under 8 months left on them when we return. Does anyone know the requirements for Turkey. Some people I have spoken to say 9 months some say 6 and others have told me 3, so I am a little concerned. Thanks for your help

Ron
hi

just looked in manos turkey brochure and it says passports have to have 6 months left on them when you arrive back home
Thanks for the quick reply, hope we will be ok then, I just imagined going to the airport then being turned away

Ron
both my kids have travelled to turkey on separate occasions with 4 mths left and have had no problems so you will be fine
Thanx Ellie,
Will save me £68 before I go on hols

Ron
6 months is no problem with travel to Turkey. Have a great time. :D
:(
I just found out about this 6 months minimum expiry thing,i travel to turkey on monday and only have 5 1/2 months left on my passport.
Some websites say its a minimum 3 months with recomended 6 months,
but most say you need 6 months minimum.
My travel agent says to go ahead because its too late to cancel now anyway the turkish embassy is now closed untill tuesday any ideas?
How about phoning the airport and checking with them, at least they will have a definate answer for you
i rang turkish consulate about my 1st childs passport having 4 mths left and i was told as long as they had 3 mths left of return date that was fine, so when the next one had less than 6 mths we went again,i had no problems at all on both trips so im sure you will be fine
:0
thanks for the quick replys,when did u phone the turkish consulate?
im getting really nervous now :( as keep reading its a mimimum 6 months.

*Edit please don't use phone text on the forum thanks Briar
about 16 mths ago for my first childs passport ,and the last time we went with a passport with 4 mths on it was in oct ,it does state on most places that its 6 mths and someone told me 3 so i decided to ring myself and was told as long as theres 3 full months from the return date this was fine, if youre worried try ringing turkish embassy/consulate in london like i did and ask, that way you will be less worried and know 100%
thanks for you help ellie :)
i tried phoning them but they are closed saturday and bank holiday monday :evil:
im a holiday rep...and you should have atleast 6months on your passport befor you travel but i only had 2 months left on my own when i was travelling back from turkey last summer and know one even notices so you will be fine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.