Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
My daughter is 5 now and her passport runs out soon so I will have to get her a new one. I think it is best to get one rather than risk her not being able to travel.
my daughter just got the form but they want the names ages dates of birth an date of marriage of both sets of grandparents how can she know this if a single parent and not in contact with the other grandparents is this new as i didnt need to do this 5 yes ago for my son.
They only need this if she was born outside of the UK, if she is British she doesn't need to fill this bit in.
my daughter said its because she was born after 1982 ill get her to check were hoping to go away in 5 weeks time
Mine were born after 1982 ad I never had to fill it in.
my boyfriends passpaort runs out 9th december 2009...am i right in thinking that we would be ok going on holiday end of june?we have not booked yet as this is holding is up! x
The advice from the Foreign Office and the Turkish Embassy is that passports should be valid for at least 6 months on entry into Turkey, and for at least 3 months on exit from Turkey.

In addition to any passport requirements which apply specifically to Turkey, some airlines and tour operators may stipulate a 6 month validity requirement for all destinations.

David :wave
so hes going to have to get a new one then?? sopnds really thick of me sorry but going at end of june and it running out early december is less than 6 months?x
Foreign Office and Turkish Embassy advice would suggest that a new passport is required, but I personally have no idea how stringently Turkey enforces this minimum passport validity requirement.

However, if he does decide to renew his passport now, he would have the unexpired period transferred from the old to the new passport.

For info and advice about passport applications and renewals, we have a separate PASSPORT Q&As topic where a member of Identity & Passport Service staff regularly gives advice. However, that is a general topic about UK passport matters, not related to specific entry requirements for Turkey which are best discussed here in this topic.

Nuttynet, I have had a look at the passport form and if your diaghter was born after 1982 then you are right, they are asking for grandparents details. If you can't get all the details phone the passport advice line and explain the problem. I'm sure you she can't be the only one not in touch with grandparents.
i know they must get this query every day, with the amount of single parents now,
Yes they must do. I had to phone them up too because my husband was born in Turkey and they need to know his parents details, dates of birth and marriage and he doesn't know all the dates. They said just to put as much info as possible then to write in the comments that you don't know the rest of the details.
Hi

I have booked a holiday to Belek for 9th - 16th Nov and both my husband and my passports expire on 17th May 2011. I know that 6 months is required to be left on your passport on the return of your holiday and we just about make it but I was wondering if it would be advisable to renew the passports before we go or is it worth taking a chance?

Many thanks

Loretta
Hi Loretta ... advice from the Foreign Office and the Turkish Embassy is that passports should be valid for at least 6 months on entry into Turkey, and for at least 3 months on exit from Turkey.

You can renew your existing passport at any time, and any unused time left on your passport (up to 9 months) will be added to your new passport.
I dont think passports should be free however, reduce the costs considerably.
Its the immigrants they need to check on in this country and not British citizens!!!
Can anyone advise whether there will be a problem with my daughter's passport which expires in Sepetember this year, if we are going to Icmeler in July this year. I'm led to believe that some countries don't allow you to enter if there is less than a year on your passport remaining
Thx
RJ
You need to have 6 months on your passport,you will have to have it re-newed
Many Thanks - did try to find out via Google, but felt that this forum would be quicker
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.